• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski-Off Time!

Greg

Staff member
I think it was the infamous Highway Star that coined the "ski-off" term. So what two AZers would you like to see in a ski-off? Who do you place your money on? Based on their latest tiff I would like to see:

HPD vs. GSS

The crusty old coot vs. the chubby slightly mentally ill tombstone salesman. My money goes on the old man.

And if anyone is wondering, this thread was made in jest and I still think Highway Star is a toolbox.

Greg

Staff member
Here's another one:

180 vs. powbmps

One on one on a dual mogul course. That would be rad. Both very accomplished bump skiers. Tough to pick one there.

tjf67

I would put my mula on HDP.

I Dont really care for a skioff with anyone but there are a couple of arrogant people in here I would really like to see if they have the skills.

highpeaksdrifter

I think it was the infamous Highway Star that coined the "ski-off" term. So what two AZers would you like to see in a ski-off? Who do you place your money on? Based on their latest tiff I would like to see:

HPD vs. GSS

The crusty old coot vs. the chubby slightly mentally ill tombstone salesman. My money goes on the old man.

And if anyone is wondering, this thread was made in jest and I still think Highway Star is a toolbox.

Well OK, no offense to him, but I’m not eating lunch with him when we’re done. I figure if my hand where to accidentally get too close to his tray(s) he might fork off a couple of my fingers by mistake during his eating frenzy.

Greg

Staff member
HPD v. Tin Woodsman.

House takes 20%. Place your bets here.

Kind of an old school RSN classic. Can't call this one since I've never seen any evidence of TW's skiing. It's my perception that he's pretty good though. Would be a fun one to watch.

Greg

Staff member
Actually, thinking about it I would like to see:

Tin Woodsman vs. tjf67

Both very opinionated and slightly abrasive. It's my guess they both rip, but who walks the talk better?

cbcbd

Severine v MrsEvil v other skier chicks, the more the better

...I just wanna see a cat fight ;)

HPD vs. GSS

I put my money on GSS in that one..whether technical or speed...HPD is like 60..

Well OK, no offense to him, but I’m not eating lunch with him when we’re done. I figure if my hand where to accidentally get too close to his tray(s) he might fork off a couple of my fingers by mistake during his eating frenzy.

I'm not that fat..lol..I'm 210 pounds..and we all no that most season passholders don't buy sh9tty ski area food..lol

Tin Woodsman

Actually, thinking about it I would like to see:

Tin Woodsman vs. tjf67

Both very opinionated and slightly abrasive. It's my guess they both rip, but who walks the talk better?

Yah, it is decided. Chinese Downhill.

519HGQKZ8AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

highpeaksdrifter