• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR – Batchlor Street, Granby MA (AKA Murphy’s ride)

BigJay

Besides Atkinson and JD, are there any other people on here from Northern Vermont?

I never new there was a "mtb side" to AlpineZone before last week...

Anyhow, i'm stoked about the mountain biking opportunities in Mass... probably one of the best areas i visited so far!

Greg

Staff member
Besides Atkinson and JD, are there any other people on here from Northern Vermont?

I never new there was a "mtb side" to AlpineZone before last week...

Anyhow, i'm stoked about the mountain biking opportunities in Mass... probably one of the best areas i visited so far!

from_the_NEK is from, well the NEK. I think he rides. The cycling forum has been in place for some time, but only recently (this summer) a crew of AZ MTBers from CT/MA formed.

Crankfire

Website
www.crankfire.com
This place is by far (IMHO) one of the best places to bike in New England! The trails here are impeccably managed and maintained, not to mention most excellent! The map alone is mind blowing enough:

http://www.hampshire.edu/cms_html/Holyoke_Range.htm

We have some pics and such up on Crankfire here - not a lot though... and they don't do the place justice!

It is certainly technical trail riding, and it has climbing! Been trying to get up there all year, just has not been in the cards for me :(

Finish up the ride with the rollercoaster trail, then burritos on the way home at Beuno y Sanos... the deal is sealed!

So good :-D

MR. evil

This place is by far (IMHO) one of the best places to bike in New England! The trails here are impeccably managed and maintained, not to mention most excellent! The map alone is mind blowing enough:

http://www.hampshire.edu/cms_html/Holyoke_Range.htm

We have some pics and such up on Crankfire here - not a lot though... and they don't do the place justice!

It is certainly technical trail riding, and it has climbing! Been trying to get up there all year, just has not been in the cards for me :(

Finish up the ride with the rollercoaster trail, then burritos on the way home at Beuno y Sanos... the deal is sealed!

So good :-D

Some of the AZ guys are going to head up to MA to ride B-street with me in the fall. Your should join us. Have you ever ridden Earls across from the Notch? Now that ride has some climbing! One of my riding buddies is doing a 14 to 20 mile Earl's / B-street loop this weekend.

Crankfire

Website
www.crankfire.com
Some of the AZ guys are going to head up to MA to ride B-street with me in the fall. Your should join us. Have you ever ridden Earls across from the Notch? Now that ride has some climbing! One of my riding buddies is doing a 14 to 20 mile Earl's / B-street loop this weekend.
Absolutely! I might actually get a few rides in before the fall in preparation! It's a been a tough year of not getting out on a bike :(

But I can't say I have ridden anything with the words "notch" or "earl" in it up there - but then again, I usually just follow people that know their way around....

MR. evil

Absolutely! I might actually get a few rides in before the fall in preparation! It's a been a tough year of not getting out on a bike :(

But I can't say I have ridden anything with the words "notch" or "earl" in it up there - but then again, I usually just follow people that know their way around....

The "Notch" is what people called the visitors center on Rt 141. Earl's is the trail system accross the street from the Notch on the other side of Rt 141. Earl's is not as technical as B-street. But is has alot more climbing is the trails are tighter and have more flow. They are mainted by the same group that takes care of B-street.

Crankfire

Website
www.crankfire.com
The "Notch" is what people called the visitors center on Rt 141. Earl's is the trail system accross the street from the Notch on the other side of Rt 141. Earl's is not as technical as B-street. But is has alot more climbing is the trails are tighter and have more flow. They are mainted by the same group that takes care of B-street.
Gotcha, I know where you speak of, but I have only ridden from Batchelor Street and never made it over there (again... that I know of :)).

MR. evil

I need to get back to B-street a few more times before the AZ ride. I have been riding places not as technical as B-street the past couple of months and I need to get used to that type of riding again. The loop I have done a bunch of times at B-street is Rollercoaster to Twister. It is only a hair over 6 miles but feels twice as long.