Nassahegan RAW, 8/12/08

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Video Nassahegan RAW, 8/12/08

Great ride tonight. I seemed to have worked out the gremlins that plagued my last RAW ride, which it made it that much more awesomer. We did the standard loop, but didn't get too far in before Jeff encountered problems with his lefty and had to head back. At that same time Nate of Crankfire.com fame caught up to us and rode with us for the rest of the loop. I felt pretty good, though I effed up a couple of sections that I normally don't have trouble with. At the same time I cleared some sections that normally give me anxiety issues without giving them much thought.

Greg had his steezy new handlebar mounted video camera going so I'm hoping to see some rad video.
    Brian

Definitely something wrong with the dampening and or rebound, every time I hit a bump it would rebound and top out with a metal to metal clank.

Will drop it off tomorrow morning when I run some errands at work.

Did you come back up 69 or cross it and do the trails back?

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    but didn't get too far in before Jeff encountered problems with his lefty and had to head back. .
    any idea what was going on with Jeff's fork?

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Definitely something wrong with the dampening and or rebound, every time I hit a bump it would rebound and top out with a metal to metal clank.

Dude, that sucks! I hope the LBS can fix it. From what I have read the lefty forks are so complex most shops have to send them out for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    any idea what was going on with Jeff's fork?
    See his post rigth above yours. Seemed like there was no dampening or something.
    Brian

I couldn't really find much over on mtbr as far as others having the same problems other than it sounds like there is a cartridge in there and the seals might of went since I cannot lock it out and when I turn the rebound knob there is no clicks, just turns smoothly. On the trail we added some more air that I never knew it had Brought it up to 130 and when I got home it was down back down to about 105.

Also on mtbr they talk about reseting it every 1-2 months or so, but I do not think that has anything to do with what I experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post

We took the trails back.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Dude, that sucks! I hope the LBS can fix it. From what I have read the lefty forks are so complex most shops have to send them out for repair.
    Thats what it sounds like, they can change the oil and do basic maintenance, but major stuff they have to send out.

Good thing I still have the Rockhopper

Awesome ride tonight. Sorry Jeff about the equipment issue. The video came out decent. A little dizzying, but still interesting. Compressing 27 minutes of footage (2 GB) into a 3 minute movie was a challenge, but it's done and I'll start uploading tonight and post the links in the morning.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Post it up Greg, want to see how the ride looks.

Thread Information