• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan RAW, 8/12/08

BeanoNYC

Again, it's a little dizzying being mounted on the bars with the bike leaning and whatnot, but overall the shakiness is not too bad. Certainly not bad for a $1.82 mount... :lol: Here it is:

High Res, 126 MB

YouTubage:

Enjoy!

Video is awesome. I can do without staring at Brian's ass, though. :-o

;)

bvibert

Staff member
BTW, whats up with taking that braid to the right of the tree on the first little downhill with the jump at the bottom?? :roll:

;)

Greg

Staff member
BTW, whats up with taking that braid to the right of the tree on the first little downhill with the jump at the bottom?? :roll:

;)

:lol: I followed Jeff.

Greg

Staff member
Rad! :D Is this something you plan on doing with future rides? Looks like it worked out well for this one.

Maybe now and then. It's tough to condense all that footage. With skiing, I can be selective with what footage I take and the scene file size tends to be smaller and more manageable. While riding, you kinda have to turn it on and let it roll. I found myself trying to start and stop mid-ride, and in addition to being very unsafe, it kinda disrupts the flow of the ride. I'll do a few more though; probably larger gatherings.

I think it came out awesome, great job Greg.

Great job both of you on doing the bridges.

Thanks and yeah, thanks on the bridge kudos. I still hate them, but I've found if I focus on the trail just beyond the end of the bridge, I'm okay. I actually crossed the little one right before 69 and made the small climb beyond it. Nate must think I'm a tool when I rejoice over clearing silly stuff like that. :lol:

BTW, nobody mentioned the "hessians" yet. :lol: That's the term the Crankfire guys use for dirtbikers. I think it's hilarious.

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks and yeah, thanks on the bridge kudos. I still hate them, but I've found if I focus on the trail just beyond the end of the bridge, I'm okay. I actually crossed the little one right before 69 and made the small climb beyond it. Nate must think I'm a tool when I rejoice over clearing silly stuff like that. :lol:

I was pissed that I didn't make that short climb after the bridge this time. :roll:

BTW, nobody mentioned the "hessians" yet. :lol: That's the term the Crankfire guys use for dirtbikers. I think it's hilarious.

To be honest I forgot about them. Next to the stinky exhaust the worst part about them was waiting for the one guy get his stalled rig started so that they could get ahead of us. From what I saw they were relatively light on the trail damage at least.

Greg

Staff member
To be honest I forgot about them. Next to the stinky exhaust the worst part about them was waiting for the one guy get his stalled rig started so that they could get ahead of us. From what I saw they were relatively light on the trail damage at least.

Agreed, especially considering how wet it was.

o3jeff

Were there 2 of them? They passed me as I got to the car and then ripped down the fire road. They go on the trial you guys were riding?

bvibert

Staff member
Were there 2 of them? They passed me as I got to the car and then ripped down the fire road. They go on the trial you guys were riding?

Yes, there were two and they went by us at the top of the steep part of the climb. They also came out by the cemetery as we were packing up and shot down Scoville.

Greg

Staff member

We were stopped at the usual spot on the climb and they came up through there and then headed right down the forest access road.

o3jeff

Dropped it off, should know by Friday what the problem is, but they said definitely a dampening problem. Hopefully something simple they can can do in house.