• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan RAW, 8/14/08

Trekchick

:lol:

I can honestly say, i'll school everyone of you guys if i ever make it out.

where's the b.s. meter now. :lol:
BSmeter.gif

Grassi21

My crash looks like its in slow mo. I was on top of that rock and just...... stopped. :lol:

Feeling saddle sore this morning but besides that I feel great. Let me know when you guys are taking another slow ride.

Trekchick

My crash looks like its in slow mo. I was on top of that rock and just...... stopped. :lol:

Feeling saddle sore this morning but besides that I feel great. Let me know when you guys are taking another slow ride.
The proper term:
Your sit bones are tender ;)

Good job for a newb!

Nice Video. I rode a trail with similar rocks a few weeks ago. BIggest issue with my riding is keeping my stooopid head up!!!!

This rock wasn't as big as yours, but you can see my head down, ARGH!!!

n1030482850_30138534_4142.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I didn't screw with the speed of any of that video. Wish I had taken the time to find music but it was so short that I just wasn't up to the task (plus my knowledge of music isn't too great anyway). You did great, Grassi! You handled that crash like a champ! :D

Were you wearing padded liners last night? They do make a difference. I only started wearing them on the ride before last night and it's helped a lot.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
BIggest issue with my riding is keeping my stooopid head up!!!!

This rock wasn't as big as yours, but you can see my head down, ARGH!!!
I think we all do that from time to time. It's like not looking far enough ahead when you're new to skiing. But once you get more comfortable, you realize you can actually look ahead and not crash. :D (I don't look ahead much at this point, though... :oops:)

o3jeff

Keep an eye on chainlove.com for some mt biking shorts with a foam chamois in them, they make riding a lot more comfortable.

Greg

Staff member
Bunch of amateurs.......:D

Indeed... :roll:

I will take a slow paced ride anytime you want to go. Seriously. The only way for you to improve is to ride a lot and you will be surprised how quickly your speed will increase after only a couple rides. Riding with faster riders can only help.

I didn't screw with the speed of any of that video. Wish I had taken the time to find music but it was so short that I just wasn't up to the task (plus my knowledge of music isn't too great anyway). You did great, Grassi! You handled that crash like a champ! :D

Were you wearing padded liners last night? They do make a difference. I only started wearing them on the ride before last night and it's helped a lot.

I think you did a great job editing. Thanks for doing that.

Yeah, actual riding shorts make a huge difference. That and a decent saddle.

powhunter

Nice TR and vid...Wish I could do these midweekers with you guys...just so damn busy at work...Grassi and Severe good job!!!! Chris I havent forgotton about those shows im gonna burn for ya...Hopefully Ill get around to doing it before skiing starts!!

steve

Grassi21

sev i didnt think you slo mo'ed the vid. in my mind evereything happened so fast at the time. seeing it after the fact makes it look so gaper-tastic.

MR. evil

Chris,
Are you going to join is Sunday morning at the Rez.?

Grassi21

Nice TR and vid...Wish I could do these midweekers with you guys...just so damn busy at work...Grassi and Severe good job!!!! Chris I havent forgotton about those shows im gonna burn for ya...Hopefully Ill get around to doing it before skiing starts!!

steve

thanks steve. i was talking to a friend at work who you skied with at snow towards the end of the season. dennis. he spoke highly of your bump skillz.

Greg

Staff member
sev i didnt think you slo mo'ed the vid. in my mind evereything happened so fast at the time. seeing it after the fact makes it look so gaper-tastic.

You just have to let me make an avatar of that wreck for you.... :lol:

Greg

Staff member
that might be a tough sell with the wife. unless there are hiking trails she could hit with our son....

There's plenty of paved rail trails and whatnot. Would she be up for "hanging" for 2 or 3 hours like that though? Probably some hiking in there too, I'd imagine.