• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lito's latest DVD/Video (Breakthrough on Skis III- The New Skis)

patentcad

Website
www.patentcad.com
Just watched the Lito Tejeda Flores 'Breakthrough on Skis III - The New Skis' which focuses on shaped skis and the techniques to maximize their effectiveness. That guy is one helluva ski instruction guru for sure. I've never found anyone who communicates that topic better than Lito. $29.95 @ Amazon. For $10 more than one group lesson you'll get enough material to work on for a whole winter. I credit Lito's book (Breakthrough on Skis) with dramatically improving my powder skiing all from a chapter I read on the plane to Wyoming in 1995. My friend and I both read his material, discussed his ideas and were able to employ them to great effect on the same memorable day @ Grand Targhee. Since then I've been a believer in Lito. My family will watch this video and we'll work on his techniques together...

Lito says that there are two extremes in recreational skiing. One the one hand you have the ideal all skiers dream of - where your technique, the conditions and the mountain all come together with zen-like perfection and you feel like you're flying and freed of the bounds of gravity - and on the other hand you have the sometimes miserable realities of skiing - the cold, the wet, the ice, the schlepping, the whining kids, the injuries and soreness, etc. Anyone who skis understands that the reality is always somewhere in between, but the better your technique is and the closer to expert skiing you get the more frequently you approach the more ideal of those two extremes. That makes improving your skiing such an enjoyable and worthwhile endeavor. Most skiers I know don't take lessons or worry too much about their technique. I can't be that way anymore. I've encountered the great joy that a technique improvement can bring to your skiing, how it can elevate the experience to a whole new level you didn't know existed. And that can make skiing more of a transcendent joy than a day at the bowling alley : ).

I know I may be preaching to the choir on this board, and that most of you reading this are enthusiasts who are probably students of the sport and who want to improve and learn. If you're not familiar with Lito you might want to check him out:

www.breakthroughonskis.com