• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Back yard stunts

Greg

Staff member
what makes you think I didn't draw up plans for the stuff I built already?

Rough sketch on a pad = Mildly Geeky
Plan on graph paper = Officially Geeky
CAD Drawing = There's no hope for you

o3jeff

If he used the CAD he probably would of noticed that his tires are roughly 2" wide and he goes and builds 10" wide bridges, what a waste of material:D

bvibert

Staff member
what makes you think I didn't draw up plans for the stuff I built already?

I wouldn't doubt that you have.

I've made 3D CAD models of things that definitely didn't need plans, let alone a 3D model. ;)

MR. evil

What if I not only designed them in a 3D BIM (Building Information Modeling..CAD is so dead) program. But I also laid them out on a site plan of my yard to maximize flow and minimized damage to the grass. I am not saying I did that, but if I did what would that make me?

MRGisevil

What if I not only designed them in a 3D BIM (Building Information Modeling..CAD is so dead) program. But I also laid them out on a site plan of my yard to maximize flow and minimized damage to the grass. I am not saying I did that, but if I did what would that make me?

He had a fully functional bike park by the end of it with tie-ins for MEP. I'm surprised he didn't hire Marc as a consultant.

And oh yes, Tim. I "gave you permission". Way to paint the image of a slave driver.

Greg

Staff member
I have so many logs way down in the back of my back yard, as well as a sewer easement which is essentially just an overgrown road, that I could build one helluva mini practice area. I think my wife would kill me spending time on that, and the neighbors would probably have me committed if they saw me riding back there.... :lol:

Grassi21

I have so many logs way down in the back of my back yard, as well as a sewer easement which is essentially just an overgrown road, that I could build one helluva mini practice area. I think my wife would kill me spending time on that, and the neighbors would probably have me committed if they saw me riding back there.... :lol:

Even I thought about riding around my property. Just do it. Who cares what people think. ;-) We live on a dirt road. I might ride up and down the steep, twisty part to warm up for tomorrow.

MR. evil

pretty much the same stuff, but I also have a 24" high jump. I also made that using concrete pavers for the base so i can make it higher or lower very easy.