• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Seat/Saddle bags and what's in them

bvibert

Staff member
A note on the derailer hangers; I've found that the LBS is just as cheap (or cheaper in my case) as places like derailleurhanger.com once you factor in shipping.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Zip ties! Another thing I keep meaning to add!

I think I'm going to get an under seat bag, just to take a few things out of my pack.

And I always add my license and cell phone when I go out for the ride, just in case. Camera if I remember, but I don't always remember to take pictures anyway.

Trekchick

I keep my camera stuffed down my shirt, so its easy to access when I want a quick shot. You may find a sweaty boob print on some of my pics. ;)

*note to self. Don't hit the shutter button when taking the camera out.

cbcbd

That's what the zip ties are for.:wink:
Yeah... I've done that... but having an extra derailleur hanger means you can finish the ride and not have to stumble back to the car. Besides, depending on how you break the hanger it can be a real pain to zip tie it up so it actually works... and then you only have one gear and it keeps shifting around. If I broke my second hanger and had a looong way out I'd probably zip tie the hanger to the frame just so it isn't hanging, pick a single gear for the way out and shorten my chain to that gear.
And, in the summer time it's annoying enough that you broke something and have to stop the ride... add to that the fact that you have a gazzillion mosquitos feeding off your unfortunate static situation - not fun, gotta get moving fast :)

You may find a sweaty boob print on some of my pics. ;)
nice

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I keep my camera stuffed down my shirt, so its easy to access when I want a quick shot. You may find a sweaty boob print on some of my pics. ;)

:lol: I'll have to keep that in mind for my camera. It's a PITA to take it out of the pack so I rarely reach for it. Which is so unlike me since I normally love taking pictures.

gorgonzola

hmmmm ..camera holder.......another reason reason i wish i had breasts....but then again i'd probably never leave the house!

Trekchick

And, in the summer time it's annoying enough that you broke something and have to stop the ride... add to that the fact that you have a gazzillion mosquitos feeding off your unfortunate static situation - not fun, gotta get moving fast :)

nice
And...........this, is why I have Off Wipes in my saddle bag.:D

Although I agree with you about temp fixes on the trail. Thus far, I haven't had much bad luck, but I'm sure my day is coming.

I have a Detour bag on my HT, as well as my FS, both of which have a multi-tool, tube patch kit, a flash light, a couple band aids, and Off Wipes.[/IMG]

:lol: I'll have to keep that in mind for my camera. It's a PITA to take it out of the pack so I rarely reach for it. Which is so unlike me since I normally love taking pictures.
IIRC, my camera pocket is a tad smaller than yours too ;)

Trekchick

If Volklgirl can have purple streamers, then we can have a designer saddle bag!!!
neener neener!

Actually, This is a quote from VG on SkiDiva, and I have to say.

I been taking a lot of crap from a lot of people about those streamers, but here's the thing - they're my reminder that 1)riding is supposed to be fun, even when you're grinding up a hill and suffering on a single speed, 2)even though I ride a black, men's, single speed, I'm still a girl and proud of it, and 3)any women who rides a single speed has pushed up enough hills to earn those streamers! I'm hoping it will catch on and I'll start seeing more women on SSs with streamers!

I'm not gonna challenge to a "throw down" but, I'm guessing that you guys are afraid of getting your butt kicked by a girl on a bike with purple streamers or a girlie saddle bag ;)

Greg

Staff member
I'm not gonna challenge to a "throw down" but, I'm guessing that you guys are afraid of getting your butt kicked by a girl on a bike with purple streamers or a girlie saddle bag ;)

Pfft. Hardly. And I have no shame in admitting that either of you can probably school my skinny ass on a mountain bike. An 8+ MPH average is impressive and that's tough to argue with. Though I think us CT newbs do all right for only being at it a few months.

Enjoy your girly accessories, but be sure you don't get any mud on them. :razz: