• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Calendar question

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I was wondering why you guys don't utilize the calendar feature of the site? It would be a good place to put all those events like the Bump or Bust at Sundown, for example. Am I the only person who's ever looked at it?

I don't think necessarily that it should be the only source of this information; but it would make it much easier to see what's going on if people added events like these to the calendar. No searching threads later when you think something is coming up and you don't know exactly when.

Just a thought...

bvibert

Staff member
I was wondering why you guys don't utilize the calendar feature of the site? It would be a good place to put all those events like the Bump or Bust at Sundown, for example. Am I the only person who's ever looked at it?

I don't think necessarily that it should be the only source of this information; but it would make it much easier to see what's going on if people added events like these to the calendar. No searching threads later when you think something is coming up and you don't know exactly when.

Just a thought...

It is a nice feature that's largely underutilized. I do use it in the winter when I do the demo days listings though. Some other people added a bunch of events for last winter too. So it does get used, just not alot...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I just found this old thread about it, too. It's a shame. Seems like it would be quite useful.

ETA: I assume the fact that they're mentioning threads need to be posted for the calendar in the above thread is in reference to the pre-vBulletin days? The current calendar doesn't work like that, correct?

bvibert

Staff member
I just found this old thread about it, too. It's a shame. Seems like it would be quite useful.

ETA: I assume the fact that they're mentioning threads need to be posted for the calendar in the above thread is in reference to the pre-vBulletin days? The current calendar doesn't work like that, correct?

Yes, that's correct. Threads are not tied to the calender at all anymore.

Anyone is welcome and encouraged to use the calendar as it can be useful if people actually look at it.

I don't use it..I didn't even know there was a calender..I'm on here strictly for the forums..and also to click on the Sketchers ads..lol

BeanoNYC

Would be interesting if we could have individual calendars that we could populate with our planned trips. We could share it with whom we like so we could plan impromptu meet-ups. Kinda like TB wakes up and is decides to go to Sugarbush he checks his calendar which is populated with his friend's plans. See's I'm going to be there. He Gives me a buzz and we meet up for a few turns with SRO and LOSTONE. Almost like an AZ Twitter. (I realize it's a huge undertaking but it's just a brainstorm that popped into my head)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Would be interesting if we could have individual calendars that we could populate with our planned trips. We could share it with whom we like so we could plan impromptu meet-ups. Kinda like TB wakes up and is decides to go to Sugarbush he checks his calendar which is populated with his friend's plans. See's I'm going to be there. He Gives me a buzz and we meet up for a few turns with SRO and LOSTONE. Almost like an AZ Twitter. (I realize it's a huge undertaking but it's just a brainstorm that popped into my head)
That would indeed be a great way to utilize the calendar, if possible. A way of getting together for some turns without always having to plan a trip. Cool idea!

In the meantime, I added the events for Sundown for next season (aside from the weekly stuff). I felt like someone should start the project for this year.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I added my cousin Jodi's wedding this Saturday and Wormtown music festival in September :lol:

Other than that I have nothing scheduled :lol:

BeanoNYC

That would indeed be a great way to utilize the calendar, if possible. A way of getting together for some turns without always having to plan a trip. Cool idea!

In the meantime, I added the events for Sundown for next season (aside from the weekly stuff). I felt like someone should start the project for this year.

The baby is due December 2nd. In reality, I probably won't get away until mid-January. Perhaps a day trip, if I'm lucky.

BeanoNYC

Pshah! You'll get in some skiing before then! Though you're right, probably day trips.

Well certainly not before the baby is born. I can't chance her going into labor while I'm away. Anyhoo...maybe we should set up some sort of AZ twitter group. We can put where we're skiing. For those with smartphones you can even put your apres ski spot of the moment.

https://twitter.com/

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside

i really like that idea. you can see who is going to be at what mountain and you may have someone to make turn with. locally it would be fun but it would be really handy for when i am at stowe. i did way to much of my riding solo last year and i would love to have a second so i can do some of the more remote stuff.