• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 3/23-3/24 Storm Discussion Thread

awf170

I just saw the weather and we are suposed to get another snow storm in the boston area and south tomorrow, thats so wierd i never heard anything about this storm until now, i thought it was supposed to miss. Im sick of the snow here, i still want it to dump at the ski area but it doesnt do me any good anymore in the city, one more snow day and im going to school into july!!!!

Vortex

Matt from NECN said that a part of the storm is breaking north. Nothing above the Nh state line. Boston 3 or 4 inches. Parts of CT maybe 6 inches. Hope the southern mountains make out. I would prefer the nothern Mountains, but as long as someone gets it. I hope no more snow days for my kids either. Snow days for me are good. :D

jamesdeluxe

Website
www.nyskiblog.com
I was at Belleayre in the Catskills yesterday for a bluebird spring day, but Thursday's going to be better... they're calling for up to 10 inches tonight.
:beer:

dmc

I'll be going into work late tomorrow...
Hopefully...

Greg

Staff member
Pretty impressive forecast for around here:
... The National Weather Service In Upton Ny Has Issued A Winter Storm Watch In Effect From This Evening Through Tonight...

Precipitation Will Spread Northward Today In Advance Of Strengthening Low Pressure System Over The Carolinas. The Precipitation Will Arrive By Early This Afternoon... And Should Be In The Form Of Rain.

As Low Pressure Intensifies To The Southeast Of Long Island This Evening And Tonight... Colder Air Will Be Drawn Into The System. This Will Change Any Rain Or Mixed Precipitation Over To All Snow By Around Midnight. The Snow Could Be Heavy At Times Overnight. Greater Than 6 Inches Of Snow Will Be Possible By The Time All Is Said And Done Early Thursday Morning.

The Snow That Falls Overnight Will Likely Be The Heavy Wet Type... Which Could Cause The Breakage Of Tree Branches... Which In Turn Could Down Power Lines And Cause Scattered Power Outages.

A Slight Change In Track Of This Low Pressure System Could Mean Different Outcomes In Total Snow Accumulations. It Is Advised That Persons In The Watch Area Keep Abreast To Forecast Updates Today.
Hope to get out Friday for abit...

thetrailboss

Staff member
As mentioned, wish the snow headed north. :-? Now I'll have to deal with bit^&%ng neighbors down here whining like Barry Bonds over the snow :x

Greg

Staff member
Snowing to beat the band this evening. Looks like about 3" so far. We've now been issued a winter storm warning and are forecasted to get 8-14". Heavy, wet glop, but it should still make for a decent day on Friday, especially since it's late March. Planning to go to Catamount.

dmc

2" on the ground at Hunter...
Coming down fast!

bvibert

Staff member
We got a bunch of the wet stuff here in CT. Its hard to say how much, but I'd say at least 5" and its still falling! :D

ctenidae

Same thing in Boston, awf. Big hype, 5-10 inches, power lines down, run for your lives!
Got up this morning, it looked like it had rained all night. Nothing notable even on the cars.
I want to be a weatherman. You can be completely wrong all the time, and no one cares.

dmc

6 to 8" in Hunter...
Not enough to blow off work.. :-?

Greg

Staff member
I did three rounds of shoveling off my back deck/stairs last night and each time there was a few inches on it. This morning there was a couple more so I'd guess we picked up 6" or so. The stuff is like cement though so it settled quickly and was pretty miserable to push around this morning...

dmc

Hunter - Friday - Cloudy, chance of showers in the afternoon...