• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pages loading slow

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
There was one thing on the page that was taking a long time to load, but the net effect was that the entire page layout was waiting. Unfortunately, I was too, uh, tired, yeah, that's it, tired, to investigate further.

gmcunni

did you change something overnight? AZ is usually slow at my office, as if something isn't loading + holding up the whole page. yesterday (tues) it was fast at work but today back to normal.

always fine @ home though. not complaining, just curious.

Greg

Staff member
did you change something overnight? AZ is usually slow at my office, as if something isn't loading + holding up the whole page. yesterday (tues) it was fast at work but today back to normal.

always fine @ home though. not complaining, just curious.

My host whacked a few IPs that were bogging things down. I also changed name server addresses which might improve domain name resolution. I have no idea what is happening at your work which might cause a slow down.

gmcunni

My host whacked a few IPs that were bogging things down. I also changed name server addresses which might improve domain name resolution. I have no idea what is happening at your work which might cause a slow down.

no worries, i'm back to using AZ from home while @ work. it is better this way, less distraction from work duties :)

Greg

Staff member
no worries, i'm back to using AZ from home while @ work. it is better this way, less distraction from work duties :)

Weren't you the guy that said to me on the last day of the Sundown season, "thanks for AZ, but I probably won't be around much this summer, but I'll definitely be back online in the fall..."? :lol:

gmcunni

Weren't you the guy that said to me on the last day of the Sundown season, "thanks for AZ, but I probably won't be around much this summer, but I'll definitely be back online in the fall..."? :lol:

no, i don't think i said anything like that at all.. you must have misunderstood me.

:oops: