• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan RAW - 8/21/08

bvibert

Staff member
My wife and I went for another ride in Nass today after work. It was a fun ride, but much different pace than the ride the day before. This was her first time using clipless pedals so she was a little tentative on some stuff, even things shes successfully made on flats. She was also having a bit of trouble getting clicked in, but that seemed to get better the more we rode. I felt like she regressed a little this ride, due to the new shoes I'm sure, but she'll get the hang of it and be cruising in no time. I still had a real good ride and it was great to be able to get out with my wife again. :D

We did the warm-up twisties north of Scoville first and then crossed the street into the southern twisties. From there we crossed E Chippens and rode all of B-street before turning back onto the main trail and taking that back to the quick route back to the car along one of the blue trails.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I only toppled over twice (and saved myself a third or fourth time). :oops: Once I get the hang of this, I know I"m going to like it. When it went right, it was great - especially over those rooty up- and down-hills. But I was having issues getting my foot clipped in while riding and that was kind of frustrating. Kept me from doing a couple of the obstacles because I was so nervous about that (though I did not skip all of them).

Considering we almost didn't have a babysitter, I'm just happy I got out. I wasn't looking to do a ludicrous speed ride last night ;) and in spite of the frustrations, I did have a good time. Hopefully, I can get out again this weekend to practice some more.

Greg

Staff member
You'll get used to them I still have trouble clipping in sometimes. Just pedal anyway and engage the pedal when the terrain allows.