• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan, CT: 8/24/08

o3jeff

No time for pics or video, too busy riding. But I think It's time for Greg to do another video with his handle bar mount over some of the techy stuff.

Greg

Staff member
Greg, did you have a chance to look at your deraleur to see what the problem was?

Not yet. I hosed off the bike and that was about it. I was having trouble going from 1 to 2, but once in 2, I had no problem going up a few gears and then back down to 2. It was intermittent too. I think it's just an adjustment rather than a damaged component. Makes sense to me that the cable might have stretched a little bit since I have a few rides on it now.

powhunter

I really had no pain last Sunday other than on my head where I received the final indignation. :lol: But the next day, I started having chest pains... freaked out a little as it was near my heart. It eased up by Thursday so I went for the ride anyway, and Saturday morning I felt fine so I did a hard run (max heart rate was 193). But after that, it went downhill fast. To the point where Saturday night, I had trouble just talking even. Sitting, walking, bending over to pick things up - everything aggravated it. So much for our date night and overnight without the kids. :( Even though I knew the end result would be rest and pain meds whether I had bruised ribs (no visible bruises, BTW) or fracture, I figured I'd better get it checked out this morning - just in case. And while it wasted a couple hours of our time this morning (and I'm sorry I wasn't able to send Brian along for the ride after all :(), at least I know what I'm up against. Though I was a little freaked out that they did an EKG in addition to the x-ray. :eek: In the end, I was advised to do deep breathing 4x day to prevent pneumonia, and they gave me Vicodin. :eek: Not sure if I can keep taking it, though, as it made me really nauseous tonight.

Anyway, I guess the crash really was worse than it felt. I was really embarrassed at the time but I kind of wish Steve had gotten video of it. It must have been something to see! :eek: Especially if JP was still concerned about my well-being! :eek:

Hopefully, the pain will ease up again soon so I can resume riding. Sucks not being able to do anything. :(

Sounds like you guys had an awesome ride today! Can't wait to try it someday!!

Glad it is nothing serious!!!! You really did ride hard that day!!! Me and JP are heading up to Meriden and doing the same ride we did last week....Didnt post anything cause I figured y'all were working....also Picked up a vid camera so maybe well have some steezy footage to share!!

steveo