Items on your 'to do' list that mess with your head...

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Items on your 'to do' list that mess with your head...

As a mountain biker, and one that rides the same area and trails (Nassahegan) quite often, I've sort of formed a mental list of items that I aim to clear. What are some of the items on your 'to do' list that you hope to someday tackle? They might be a bridge ot stunt, a drop, a techy section of trail. Describe them. And update this thread when you finally conquer them.

I cleared a few techy areas today that I've been meaning to. One was a spot that I never had the intention of clearing so soon, but I pulled it off today. The next big item on my list is a spot I've dubbed the MR. evil OTB-hug-a-tree. A month or so back, Tim attempted a small probably 2 foot drop on a section of trail that is pretty tight with not a lot of landing (the trail turns). Anyway, he hit it way too slow, OTB'd and ended up throwing a shoulder firmly into the 10" diameter tree right next to the drop. I watched the whole thing transpire from below about 4 feet away.

Today, I was third behind Tim and o3jeff. Tim styled the drop without any sort of hesitation. Jeff cruised it right after him. Me? I sallied around the lady's tee trail braid. How is it that the dude that OTB'd can take it and I still wuss it? Mind games, I tell ya. One of the greatest things about MTBing, especially when you finally conquer them. Anyway, that little drop is next on my list. I actually would like to wheelie drop it.

Next?
    I ski double black diamonds.

I don't believe you never rode that. I'm the biggest wuss out there and I didn't think twice about following Tim over it.

I keep meaning to procrastinate, eh... maybe tomorrow.
    Click. Point. Chute.
    Days 12-13: 86
    Days 11-12: 58 ...and done.
    Days 10-11: 66
    Days 07-10: 44 (average)

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I don't believe you never rode that. I'm the biggest wuss out there and I didn't think twice about following Tim over it.
    Thanks for the solid blow to my ego, Jeff. Mind f@cK. That's my only explanation. Just like that B street ledge you finally got the balls to tackle today.

Not mtb, but I've got throw a 360 again on my to do list. I could throw em' with ease in High School, but cracked a rib throwing one in my early 20's and haven't ever tried since. Outside of drops I hardly take to the air at all anymore. I would like to change that this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Not mtb, but I've got throw a 360 again on my to do list. I could throw em' with ease in High School, but cracked a rib throwing one in my early 20's and haven't ever tried since. Outside of drops I hardly take to the air at all anymore. I would like to change that this winter.
    Wrong forum, brotha. Move along...

I've cleared several of the areas on my mental list in the last few outings. One thing that I like to do on the items that were on my list and I've already cleared is to see how proficient I can get at them.

The Tim OTB rock is on my short list, the last time I rode there was with my wife the other day and it didn't look that bad so I vowed to hit it next time. The techy sections before hitting the DT at the end of the cemetery twisty area is too. I've made a few of the sections, but never consistently and never all together. The three little bridges in the Scoville warm-up twisty area are another that I need to conquer.

On my long list is the sketchy downhill to the bridge when going back north after crossing 69 from Session's woods.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Just like that B street ledge you finally got the balls to tackle today.
    Now I just have to put it all together and ride it without stopping.

i have one item on my to do list. get a decent bike.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Now I just have to put it all together and ride it without stopping.
    If you can ride down it from a stand still at the top you should have no problem just rolling down it. I tried a few times to convince myself to ride it while sitting on top and never did, then I just rolled down it without stopping, no problems.
    Brian

Thread Information