• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: Arcadia Michigan -oer near da lake

Trekchick

Kris decided that I needed to shake some of the gremlins that have been haunting me since the big bike crash, so she took my sorry butt to Arcadia. They've built a new trail system that is in its inaugural season, so its not over ridden and has tons of tight technical stuff including multiple hills, both up's and downs ;). Lots of switch backs, hairpins, rocks, and even a nifty log bridge.
According to Kris' computer, we did 10.1 miles at 5.9 MPH.
According to my computer, we did 9.9 miles at 4.7 MPH
Tom, and Kris were smoking the trails, while I was sucking hind tit.
BTW, to make it really interesting, Mr TC joined us on this ride. In the interest of saving my marriage, that's all I'm going to say about that ;)

Kris on the nifty log bridge
n830505017_3929620_890.jpg

I swear, I was so far behind them, I stopped on this ledge and yelled for them.
Turns out they were below me. Can you see them?
The trail had two switch backs and a down hill swoop to get from me(camera) to them.
n830505017_3929621_1275.jpg

One more pic of Kris coming around from a nice run out.
n830505017_3929615_9082.jpg

I was thoroughly fatigued by the end of this ride, but after lunch and a second wind, we went for a little 3+ mile ride on our usual Cadillac Pathways. Wide open single track. Nice way to round out the day.

*When Kris gets her pics up, I'll post more.

Thanks for readin!

Nice photo stoke!!!!...Do people in Michigan really speak so poorly? In the PA coal regions they have their own slang as well..

Trekchick

Na, GSS, we actually speak well, but there is a definite dialect.
Da furthur nort ya go, da more dat ya bound ta hear talk like dis, dontcha know!