• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Farmer's Almanac 2008-09 Weather

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Farmer's Almanac (for New England):

"Annual Weather Summary
November 2008 to October 2009

Winter will be colder than normal, on average, primarily due to persistent cold temperatures throughout December. Other cold periods will occur in early and mid- to late January, early and mid-February, and early March. Precipitation will be near or slightly above normal, with below-normal snowfall in the north and above-normal snowfall in the south. The biggest snowstorm will occur in early March, with other snowy periods in late November, mid- and late December, early and late January, and mid-February."

It was 48F in Plymouth, NH and 45F in Morrisville VT this morning.

I do think that Ben Franklin could do without stating the obvious:
"Other cold periods will occur in early and mid- to late January, early and mid-February, and early March. "
"with other snowy periods in late November, mid- and late December, early and late January, and mid-February."
It's a lot like an old SL parody: "And now the weather... Tonight will be dark followed in the morning by periods of light."

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I once planned on doing a science project comparing Farmer's Almanac predictions to what the weather really turned out to be... good idea in theory, but I procrastinated and never actually did the project. IIRC correctly, though, it's usually a pretty good indicator, correct?

Sounds good to me! Spring break is March 8-15th.... here's hoping there's a big dump that week! :D