• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pictures

Greg

Staff member
awf170 said:
For some reason my pictures wont upload to the gallery, it just says it is uploading and just does that for hours.
What are the file sizes on the images? What connection speed do you have?

Greg

Staff member
awf170 said:
2272 x 1704 and i have verizon dsl, i put pictures on before though and it worked
Try resizing them down to 800 pixels wide first. This will decrease the file size on them and should speed up loading. The Gallery software will size them down anyway and this can cause a lot of load on the server and may also increase the time needed to upload and process them. I just created an album yesterday and it worked fine.

I deleted the empty "Wildcat 3-25-05" album you created. Try creating a new one and see if that helps.

awf170

i tried downsizing it to 800x600 and it still wont work, and i only did one picture. It has been going now for about 10 minutes.

awf170

As you guys can tell im pretty retarded when it comes to computers, thats why i already had about 5 ?'s since i joined 2 months ago.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
no problem man, we all learned from scratch at one point :)

perhaps your browser could be the issue. i don't trust anything microsoft related except MS Office, but at the least the latest version of MS Internet Explorer would be a more solid browser than the MSN thingy. try downloading the latest version of IE or better yet, try downloading firefox and see if either broswer help solve the problem. man, do i love to pimp firefox or what? :)

Greg

Staff member
Thanks Steve. Yup - you need to have your images in JPG format which is the Web standard for photos.

bvibert

Staff member
thetrailboss said:
So how would I convert or upload bmp photos? I just scanned them.

Open up the bmp in Paint and then go to File>>SaveAs and select JPG in the Save as Type box.