• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PSa: Black Diamond Softshell jackets at Costco 26.99

Philpug

I was at Costco today and saw these...$26.99, yep, thats right.

Colors are:
Black/Black
Dk. Blue/Black
Olive/Black

Such a deal. I bought one for myself and one for Ty as a Xmas present. For 27 bucks how can you go wrong??

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

o3jeff

I saw them there the other day and debated about grabbing one, but decided against it since I never heard of that brand.

Are they suppose to be pretty good?

Philpug

I saw them there the other day and debated about grabbing one, but decided against it since I never heard of that brand.

Are they suppose to be pretty good?

Black Diamond has been around for a long time. It's no Arc'Teryx but it is also on 27 bucks. As my buddy would say..'I'll pay 27 bucks to watch a money **** a coconut":razz:.

deadheadskier

Staff member
What would something like that cost normally for that brand? $27 does sound like a great deal, downright steep and cheapish

Philpug

What would something like that cost normally for that brand? $27 does sound like a great deal, downright steep and cheapish

Googled them, cheapest I could find anywhere for a Softshell was 49.99

Two more questions, are they water and wind proof?

"bonded waterproof breathable barrier". I tried to blow some air through it with no luck.

Before anyone asks, there are no pit zips.

Phillycore

sweet deal for sure....

I already own 2 north face apex bionic softshells that I ABSOLUTELY swear by...
If they had a Vest I'd probably be picking up a costco membership just for that...
(there isn't one really anywhere near me. think King of Prussia is closest)

Oh well... good find for sure...

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Black Diamond sportswear started in Barre, Vermont, now in Montpelier and the Bush has been using their stuff for uni's and sold them in the shop for years. Their fleece comes from Malden Mills, MA.(good stuff) and all of their clothes is made in American.

The website says Waitsfield, not sure what's that is about as the company is not located in the MRV. Perhaps the owner lives here.

Extremely well respected brand in the back country contingent. I have a BD zip fleece that I swear by.

different company...you're talking about Black Diamond Equipment Ltd this is Black Diamond Sportswear.
I used to buy a substantial amount of logo fleece product from them for several years, good quality stuff, as someone already said most of its made in america and Malden Mills fleece. I bought these softshells for a resort logo program...good quality product (but they were made in Korea if I recall) and $27 was our cost on them...so that deal at costco is ~20% below the listed wholesale of the item. Its likely they are over runs or samples that costco picked up for a song...they'd sell for at least $69.95 or so in most shops