• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Ski Conditions Page

Greg

Staff member
We've teamed up with SnoCountry to provide up-to-date ski conditions from all New England and New York ski resorts. This data will be updated twice daily. Have a look at the new Ski Conditions page!

Greg

Staff member
Just bumping this as a reminder as we approach ski season. Our conditions will be updated automatically at 7 AM so those of you needing condition info before heading out can do so after 7 AM. An additional update will occur at 10 AM to pick up any resorts that didn't get the reports in by 7 AM. I hope everyone finds this useful! Again the link is:

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/reports.htm

Bookmark that one! :)

Greg

Staff member
jfg15 said:
can we get them any earlier? im usually out the door by 6:30am
I could get the data feeds at anytime I want. The problem is that the majority of resorts report anywhere between 5 AM and 7 AM. In order to get current reports from the most number of resorts, I've found 7 AM is a good time. Let's see how things go initially. If we see that most reports are in by 6:30 AM, I'll consider moving the feed earlier to say, 6:40 AM.

Greg

Staff member
Now that we have some open resorts, I'm starting to get some data feeds. Have a look and let me know if anyone has suggestions on improvements in terms of times to receive the feeds:

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/reports.htm

Joshua B

Another nice feature. I see snow depths for Stowe (!) and Killington. What about an area like Dartmouth? Do they not submit reports to Snowcountry?

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
Another nice feature. I see snow depths for Stowe (!) and Killington. What about an area like Dartmouth? Do they not submit reports to Snowcountry?
Only resorts that submit data to SnoCountry will show. Most do. Chances are Dartmouth hasn't made an update yet, or if they did it wasn't caught in my last upload.

Greg

Staff member
So...how is this working out for everyone? Are the uploads times okay? Unfortunately, how quickly you get a report depends on how quickly the resorts update their data with SnoCountry. Some do it early in the morning (before 7) and some later. I think the 7 AM and 10 AM update catches most of them. I hope this is useful to you all. I know I use it. 8)

noreaster

There are a lot of web sites out there. Here is my Christmas which list of features on a ski report web site.

Ability to sort on a number of columns such as vertical, price, YTD snowfall, snow fall today, snowfall last 48 hours, best snow conditions, etc. For example, the skisite.com makes it possible to sort ski areas by vertical or price on URL http://www.skisite.com/downhillList.cfm?state=VT

I know Santa is busy this year and probably doesn't have time for such an extravagant request. :-?

Greg

Staff member
noreaster said:
There are a lot of web sites out there. Here is my Christmas which list of features on a ski report web site.

Ability to sort on a number of columns such as vertical, price, YTD snowfall, snow fall today, snowfall last 48 hours, best snow conditions, etc. For example, the skisite.com makes it possible to sort ski areas by vertical or price on URL http://www.skisite.com/downhillList.cfm?state=VT

I know Santa is busy this year and probably doesn't have time for such an extravagant request. :-?
Interesting request, noreaster. I'll look into it. Maybe not right away on the conditions, but as we revamp the profiles (in progress), we can try to incorporate something like this...