• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

9/7 Where wasn't Waldo

Gremf

Website
ctmtblog.blogspot.com
Rode Waldo today and it turned into a bush whack! Only half the trail is clearly marked and the rest is a concept. Lots of poison ivy in the conceptual section and also it's pretty hard to follow the trail.

Here is the track from Crankfire: Bush whacking at Waldo.

You could still sort of get a good ride out of it. Take the Waldo trail to the intersection with a hunters trail and ride that back to the access road.

The cleared section is awesome. If you have ever ridden the Rock and Roll Trail at Huntington, then you will appreciate this trail.

Grassi21

How did the rain effect the trails? Tomorrow looks like a great day to ride!

Gremf

Website
ctmtblog.blogspot.com
How did the rain effect the trails? Tomorrow looks like a great day to ride!

Not bad. Trail is a little soft but I think that's mainly from not having enough traffic.

If you go, ride till you intersect with an unmarked trail, that is what we call the hunting trail. Follow that back to the road, otherwise you had better have a GPS.

Grassi21

Not bad. Trail is a little soft but I think that's mainly from not having enough traffic.

If you go, ride till you intersect with an unmarked trail, that is what we call the hunting trail. Follow that back to the road, otherwise you had better have a GPS.

Does the hunting road take you back to the fire road (the main trail from the parking lot that goes down to the Housy?

Grassi21

also, is the hunting road obvious? i don't have a gps.

Greg

Staff member
Cool. If we hit it on [thread="35250"]Thursday[/thread], I'll be sure to bring this GPS track along. Looks like a pretty flat ride overall.

Grassi21

I guess it depends if you have an eye for trails. To me it is. Trying to upload some maps that I just made but having a problem at the moment. I am going to blog my ride, so check my blog either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Nice. I will check that out tomorrow.

Grassi21

Nice pics! I love that part of the lake. Very quiet, no houses in sight. Thanks for the maps.