• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official Insomniacs Thread

Grassi21

:lol: Sucks, doesn't it? Even our little guy, who only just started sleeping through the night around his 1st birthday, still gets up periodically at night from time to time. He's been sick so this past week has been tiring.

But something tells me I won't be sleeping well until the kid graduates from college and starts paying his own bills. ;-)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Increase your physical activity. That usually works for me.

This is true for me, but not if that activity occurs at night. My job doesn't really allow for RAW type stuff, I need to be available until 7. I couldn't really get on the rower until 8ish and when I've tried that I'm amped up until after midnight.

I have been sleeping better by getting up an hour earlier in the morning to work out. Not sure if it's the physical activity or sleeping an hour less as I don't make up for it on the night side by going to bed earlier. Probably a bit of both

BeanoNYC

Got home from work at 4:30 today and passed right out. Hope this doesn't mess up my sleep tonight. Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

Hawkshot99

I have been curing my sleep problems lately. All it took was getting a traditional job. When you dont need to wake up at a certain time you tend to sleep in. When I sleep in, I cant fall asleep at night. It is a vicous circle......

BeanoNYC

I have my suspicions why I couldn't sleep last night, at all. Typically though, I have trouble sleeping. Oh well, we have this thread now to find the current night's insomniacs on any given evening.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Unless I missed it, you didn't answer steeze's question. What do you teach Beano? I had no idea you were a teacher. Perhaps the 'work' thread needs a bump and update from our members

BeanoNYC

Unless I missed it, you didn't answer steeze's question. What do you teach Beano? I had no idea you were a teacher. Perhaps the 'work' thread needs a bump and update from our members

That's because I have GSS on ignore. Perhaps I should cut him a break and reconsider that. Am I missing any good steeze moments?

To answer your question, I teach history to High School seniors.

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's because I have GSS on ignore. Perhaps I should cut him a break and reconsider that. Am I missing any good steeze moments?

....so I'm guessing in your teaching of History this line

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

holds firm truth....hence the ignore on steeze, you know what you're going to get :lol:

Steeze is steeze, makes you laugh, makes you want punch him the face, makes you think god how can you be so stupid, makes you think is he 12?, makes you think wow he does have a heart and concern for others, makes you think he knows a lot about a particular subject and then makes you want to punch him the face again repeatedly.....often all in the same thread. :lol: ....ever the enigma and doubtful that he'll ever change......I respect that and disrespect it all at the same time......

You're crazy for having me on ignore..:cry: you're missing out on alot of steezy posts..all because I offended you once by speaking my mind..:spread::beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
You're crazy for having me on ignore..:cry: you're missing out on alot of steezy posts..all because I offended you once by speaking my mind..:spread::beer:

I understand where Beano might ignore you based on that steeze. I know where you were coming from and that you were speaking you mind, but there are times in life you could use a censor button. Speaking your mind is fine.....but be mindful of others opinions and relationships. Whether true or not, somethings are better left unsaid at times.....never know who you might offend. Being conflicted in your feelings / beliefs is one thing....displaying them without concern for how others might feel is another.......

alright, back to the scheduled program.......put the worms back in the jar where they belong :grin:

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Increase your physical activity. That usually works for me.

if i do anything at night i am to pumped up. i started running to get my ass in shape. i am up to 4 miles. 6 by the end of next week. i need to be up to 10 or 12 to be in winter touring shape. its best if you work out first thing in the morrining. at least for me.

amen. a little woodford or bakers will put you right out. you need come do some flights with me.

BeanoNYC

Ahhh, I take you off ignore and this is the first post I see....

It wasn't you speaking your mind once. It was a crescendo of immaturity ranging from you calling an adaptive skier a "retard" when you almost took him out by skiing recklessly (and bragging to us about it) to the "blowup" of a month ago.

Hardline and I were having a few beers a couple of weeks ago and you came up in conversation. I was saying that I would probably like you in person to him. Behind a computer screen, however?....you're abrasive. I want to like you, GSS, I really do. It just seems that whenever I let my guard down you're at it again.

That being said, I'll let bygones be bygones. I'm back to reading steezy posts.

Grassi21

I should have hit up this thread least night. Had to take one of our dogs to the emergency vet in Danbury. At first we thought it was bloat (gastric torsion - the stomach twists and pops). She was pacing, couldn't get comfortable, breathing heavy, shaky uncontrollably, pale gums, and had an elevated heart rate. She scared this shit out of us. X ray showed no blockages or signs of boat. The vet thinks she ate something, possible mushrooms, somewhere on our property. The gave her a sedative to calm her down. She was so high by the time we got home I had to take her out of the truck and carry her up the stairs. We were up all night observing her and making sure it did not progress. She appears to be normal this morning.

Grassi21

Glad to hear your pups okay Grassi. Very frightening when a pet has a medical emergency

Thanks man. This time was scary. Last time she went to the ER she had a small section on marrow bone hooked over her canines and just dangling around her lower jaw. Couldn't get the right angle on it to slide it off. Once again, a little sedation helped them get the right angle on the bone to slide it off.

She is starting to harass her older sister and appears to be improving.

BeanoNYC

She was pacing, couldn't get comfortable, breathing heavy, shaky uncontrollably, pale gums, and had an elevated heart rate.... The vet thinks she ate something, possible mushrooms, somewhere on our property. The gave her a sedative to calm her down.

Trippin puppy! Ever see the movie "the bear" when he starts tripping balls?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
if i do anything at night i am to pumped up.
I totally agree with this. I do much better if I run (or whatever) earlier in the day. Back before kids, I would often exercise late at night after work...and end up staying up until 2AM because I was wide awake. :eek:

I should have hit up this thread least night. Had to take one of our dogs to the emergency vet in Danbury. At first we thought it was bloat (gastric torsion - the stomach twists and pops). She was pacing, couldn't get comfortable, breathing heavy, shaky uncontrollably, pale gums, and had an elevated heart rate. She scared this shit out of us. X ray showed no blockages or signs of boat. The vet thinks she ate something, possible mushrooms, somewhere on our property. The gave her a sedative to calm her down. She was so high by the time we got home I had to take her out of the truck and carry her up the stairs. We were up all night observing her and making sure it did not progress. She appears to be normal this morning.
Poor pup!!! Glad to hear she's feeling better now.