• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official Insomniacs Thread

Geoff

Once again I fell asleep before 9 PM and am wide awake at 3. ARGH!

I passed out on the couch with the Red Sox game on and woke up at 5:00 after being short on sleep the night before from drinking coffee in the late afternoon. I guess it's going to be a productive day.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Raisins & grapes result in kidney failure for dogs, according to my aunt. I have to vigilantly watch the kids when they have them since they love sharing their food with our dog.

I wasn't too bad about sleeping last night... it was after 11:30PM when I went to sleep (normal)... I think I woke up sometime during the middle of the night, but I'm not sure when. It's those kids! They woke up well before the buttcrack of dawn. I think it was sometime around 5:30AM when they started getting restless... and I know the little guy was up at 5AM when he was given some milk.

krisskis

I have my moments of insomnia. Working 3 nights a week from 7pm to 745am for 20 years is the cause of that. I have always been a night owl. Even when i am off from work, i dont usually go to bed until 12 or later. Usually my first night home is the hardest to get to sleep especially if i have slept too much during the day. My husband wakes me up all night too because he has sleep apnea and refuses to wear his CPAP mask, so he snores loud enough to wake the kids at times. I am back to work tonight, so i will be posting in the middle of the night :)

wa-loaf

My husband wakes me up all night too because he has sleep apnea and refuses to wear his CPAP mask, so he snores loud enough to wake the kids at times.

Does he not want surgery? I had that done mainly because I knew I would never wear a mask like that. It's like replacing one sleep problem with another. Sleep much better these days and so does my wife. ;-)

Wow did I sleep well last night..I passed out on my couch at 10:30PM..and then went right to bed without surfing the net at 1AM...then hit the snooze 3 times this morning..

Trekchick

Once again I fell asleep before 9 PM and am wide awake at 3. ARGH!

My body used to require 8 hrs sleep, but it seems that my sleep patterns are changing I'm waking up after 6 hrs of good sleep.
I feel well rested but it just seems odd that I would get less sleep as I get older.

Is this normal?

Beetlenut

My body used to require 8 hrs sleep, but it seems that my sleep patterns are changing I'm waking up after 6 hrs of good sleep.
I feel well rested but it just seems odd that I would get less sleep as I get older.

Is this normal?

Not if you have kids!! I can fall a sleep at the drop of a hat, since I've been sleep deprived for going on 11 years now! But yes, I think it is normal as you get older. Something to do with a change in your metabolism.

Geoff

Is this normal?

I thought you said you were old? Old people go to bed at 8:00 and take an afternoon nap. ;)

Is this normal?

I think so because old people wake up really early..I really like waking up an hour or two before my alarm is set for..as long as I'm well rested..because then I can dick around on the computer or have a steezy breakfast or go on a walk or watch Saved by the Bell reruns..better than rushing around..I definitely sleep way less than when I was a teenager. On the weekends when it's not ski season or I'm not playing golf..I can sleep as late as I want and even if I go to bed at 3:00AM..I rarely sleep later than 8:30AM and I used to be able to sleep until noon..In college I sometimes missed brunch which ended at 1:00PM

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I hate sleeping late, and I always have. I feel lazy and like I've missed a good chunk of the day if I'm in bed past 8 am.

This doesn't have much to do with insomnia, I just thought everyone would like to know.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I think so because old people wake up really early..I really like waking up an hour or two before my alarm is set for..as long as I'm well rested..because then I can dick around on the computer or have a steezy breakfast or go on a walk or watch Saved by the Bell reruns..better than rushing around..I definitely sleep way less than when I was a teenager. On the weekends when it's not ski season or I'm not playing golf..I can sleep as late as I want and even if I go to bed at 3:00AM..I rarely sleep later than 8:30AM and I used to be able to sleep until noon..In college I sometimes missed brunch which ended at 1:00PM

i am the exact oposite i sleep as much as possible. there are show days where i work for like 24 hours straight. it takes me a few days to recover so i sleep when ever is can. it is unfortunate but it is part of my business.

o3jeff

You sure it is stress? I had gal stone that felt like really bad stomach cramps, they would have me curled up in the fetal position in probably the worst pain I ever felt. Should think about getting checked out.

Just as long as they're awake soon enough to take advantage of the 4PM earlybird dinner discounts ;)

Sometimes on delivery days when I don't have lunch...I hit up the local diner for a 4PM meal and I really think we should advertise on their place-mats due to all the blue haired people. Some of the early bird specials are sa weet..and the number of single women over 80 makes any granny-chaser go insane in the membrane.

Stress is a major reason some people die before their time. I try not to get too stressed out about work and life in general. It's impossible to eliminate all stress. Last night I was up till 1:30AM and I woke up at 6:40AM..and I feel well rested..I thought this was going to be a day I'd be pounding red bulls but it's not.