• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official Insomniacs Thread

ComeBackMudPuddles

Sometimes on delivery days when I don't have lunch...I hit up the local diner for a 4PM meal and I really think we should advertise on their place-mats due to all the blue haired people. Some of the early bird specials are sa weet..and the number of single women over 80 makes any granny-chaser go insane in the membrane.

Absolutely hilarious....

Got me thinking, though, do tombstone makers advertise? Besides putting ads in the yellow pages?

Absolutely hilarious....

Got me thinking, though, do tombstone makers advertise? Besides putting ads in the yellow pages?

Most retail monument companies advertise in the yellow pages and in the obituaries...but only a small percentage of our business is retail and most of it is through funeral homes so most of our marketing budget goes toward mass mailings to funeral homes in a 100 miles radius. We also have a steezy website. We don't even have a yellow pages ad. We do have ads in the two local synagogue directories because we do 80% of the Jewish work in the area because we're Jews.

Geoff

I thought this was going to be a day I'd be pounding red bulls but it's not.

You pound bulls? I thought you had other preferences. ;)

tinysheep.gif

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Our 1 year old could have joined you guys last night. He awoke at 3AM... and was still up at 4AM... I'm not sure how much longer he was awake after that as I fell asleep. :oops: Not fun, though. Not at all.

drjeff

Our 1 year old could have joined you guys last night. He awoke at 3AM... and was still up at 4AM... I'm not sure how much longer he was awake after that as I fell asleep. :oops: Not fun, though. Not at all.

My close to 3 year old recently redeveloped that wake up screaming in the middle of the night habit :mad: and it's really messed up my wife's and my sleep the last 2 weeks. Finally, last night I had my wife sleep downstairs in the guest room, and I took the monitor with me. As I was putting him down last night, I resorted to the old "baked goods bribery" tactic. I told him that if he wakes up during the night and quietly puts himself back to sleep without crying, that I'd stop at Dunkin Donuts this morning on the way to pre-school and get him a donut. The trick worked! My wife and I had a sound, full night's sleep, my son put himself back to sleep without screaming, and I had a legitimate excuse to stop at Dunkin Donuts this AM!

Now we'll just see what happens tonight as the everyday Dunkin Donuts thing just won't be happening!

drjeff

I suggest a couple of shots of 151.

Believe me, that option definately crossed our minds about 3AM Thursday. Although my wife and I weren't sure who it would have a better effect on, us, or our son ;) :rolleyes:

bvibert

Staff member

I was almost going to post in this thread while I was up last night, but I was too lazy. I did login to see if Beano was here though. ;) He wasn't, there was only one other user on.

I slept at my parents house last night so I had a dog in the bed with me. Before I went to bed the dog took a giant dump...then the first 10 minutes when I was trying to get to sleep my dog kept licking her crusty/itchy ass..then at some point in the middle of the night the dog was howling..

ComeBackMudPuddles

I slept at my parents house last night so I had a dog in the bed with me. Before I went to bed the dog took a giant dump...then the first 10 minutes when I was trying to get to sleep my dog kept licking her crusty/itchy ass..then at some point in the middle of the night the dog was howling..

Ouch! Not nice to talk about your mom like that.

:daffy:

Moe Ghoul

What were you doing to the dog to make it howl? Is this the skierchick you were hookin up with? :razz: :-o

drjeff

So did the dog come in and lick your face last night??? :eek:

2knees

went to bed at 9:00 and i'm wide awake now. gonna give it another 1/2 hour and then i'm gonna pound 2 beers to see if that works.