• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official Insomniacs Thread

bvibert

Staff member
If any of you insomniacs are ever in the CT area, and want to make some spare cash, let me know. I'll give you a shiny nickle for every time you put my kids back to sleep in the middle of the night. Lately my son is good for at least two wakings between the hours of 2:30am and 6:00am... :roll:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
If any of you insomniacs are ever in the CT area, and want to make some spare cash, let me know. I'll give you a shiny nickle for every time you put my kids back to sleep in the middle of the night. Lately my son is good for at least two wakings between the hours of 2:30am and 6:00am... :roll:

NADA! You've got to earn your stripes just like the rest of us did.

It only gets worse when they get sick during the night and you're up for hours, then have to go to work in the early AM.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
NADA! You've got to earn your stripes just like the rest of us did.

It only gets worse when they get sick during the night and you're up for hours, then have to go to work in the early AM.
The thing is, he only started sleeping through the night a few months ago... so we had 12+ months of never sleeping through the night... maybe 2 months of him doing that... and now we're a couple weeks back into him waking up again. :roll: And if it's not him, it's our 3 year old waking up to help herself to whatever she can find in the middle of the night while she goes sneaking and climbing on everything at 3AM. :roll:

I've already done the sick thing several times. The worst was when our daughter was less than a year old and had a puking bug. She didn't understand "puke in the bucket" and would just throw up wherever she was... which was usually on anything that wasn't easily cleaned (instead of on the hard floor) or on me. :puke: (Which, BTW, that was back when I was working full time so I've done the working parent-sick kid, thing, too!)

Last edited:

BeanoNYC

The thing is, he only started sleeping through the night a few months ago... so we had 12+ months of never sleeping through the night... maybe 2 months of him doing that... and now we're a couple weeks back into him waking up again. :roll: And if it's not him, it's our 3 year old waking up to help herself to whatever she can find in the middle of the night while she goes sneaking and climbing on everything at 3AM. :roll:

I've already done the sick thing several times. The worst was when our daughter was less than a year old and had a puking bug. She didn't understand "puke in the bucket" and would just throw up wherever she was... which was usually on anything that wasn't easily cleaned (instead of on the hard floor) or on me. :puke:

For the love of god.....WHAT...HAVE...I...GOTTEN...MYSELF...INTO??!!??

wa-loaf

For the love of god.....WHAT...HAVE...I...GOTTEN...MYSELF...INTO??!!??

Severine's kids seem like the worst case scenario. Both our kids started sleeping through the whole night sometime between 3-6 months. We are nap nazi's and the kids still go down for a nap at 2pm and nap until 5. Back in bed at 8 and sleep until 6-7. The older one just plays by herself in her room if she doesn't feel like napping/sleeping. She'll probably be ditching the nap soon altogether, so we are calling it quiet time now.

We have had our share of late night puking/bed wetting and emergency room visits (croup).

I've already done the sick thing several times. The worst was when our daughter was less than a year old and had a puking bug. She didn't understand "puke in the bucket" and would just throw up wherever she was... which was usually on anything that wasn't easily cleaned (instead of on the hard floor) or on me. :puke: (Which, BTW, that was back when I was working full time so I've done the working parent-sick kid, thing, too!)

The more I read posts like this..the more I don't want to ever have kids..the girl I went out with yesterday said her friends with kids say she's selfish for not wanting to have kids..I think her friends are just jealous of her freedom.

BeanoNYC

I guess HamandSteezeSandwich doesn't work?

LMAO! Coffee through my nose. Should I send you the ER bill? I'd be Glatt to do it!

Edit: Ham and Cheese is double bad. Mixing meat and dairy. Plus ham is a no-no.

Last edited:

krisskis

OMG!!!...I have been through that so many times i cant even remember. My kids both had reflux and bad tummys...as a matter of fact my daughter still does have a bad stomach...i used to find them bathing in puke when i would check on them before i went to sleep...and it was a given that they wouldnt make it to the bathroom when they were sick. I brought home those lovely pink basins from the hospital and they both have one on the side of their bed now :)

Now i have to worry about the older one <15yrs> coming home and puking from drinking too much. He hasnt done it yet in the house, but im sure its just a matter of time. The reason i know this....i RECENTLY found out from my 11 yr old that my son was picked up at a friends house by his father in JULY and was drunk.....and then puked on the way home...i was at work...my husband thought it would be a great idea to keep it from me...he didnt want me to "flip out". We had my nephews birthday party the next day and i was wondering why he was dragging. My daughter ratted her brother out last week when she got pissed off at him :) I was PISSED!!! I let my son AND m husband have it. Damn teenagers.

OMG!!!...I have been through that so many times i cant even remember. My kids both had reflux and bad tummys...as a matter of fact my daughter still does have a bad stomach...i used to find them bathing in puke when i would check on them before i went to sleep...and it was a given that they wouldnt make it to the bathroom when they were sick. I brought home those lovely pink basins from the hospital and they both have one on the side of their bed now :)

Now i have to worry about the older one <15yrs> coming home and puking from drinking too much. He hasnt done it yet in the house, but im sure its just a matter of time. The reason i know this....i RECENTLY found out from my 11 yr old that my son was picked up at a friends house by his father in JULY and was drunk.....and then puked on the way home...i was at work...my husband thought it would be a great idea to keep it from me...he didnt want me to "flip out". We had my nephews birthday party the next day and i was wondering why he was dragging. My daughter ratted her brother out last week when she got pissed off at him :) I was PISSED!!! I let my son AND m husband have it. Damn teenagers.

Well maybe the puking will get your son to chill on the drinking. Also make your kid watch the Reality Show..The Two Coreys and after watching Corey Feldman and Corey Haim..it will scare him enough to chill..What is the driving age on Long Island??? For some reason I thought NY was 18..but that might just be NYC..or back in the day..

krisskis

Well maybe the puking will get your son to chill on the drinking. Also make your kid watch the Reality Show..The Two Coreys and after watching Corey Feldman and Corey Haim..it will scare him enough to chill..What is the driving age on Long Island??? For some reason I thought NY was 18..but that might just be NYC..or back in the day..

Oh, i give him all the horror stories about drinking just by what i see where i work. I work in a level 1 trauma county hospital...we see the worst of the worst here. And i work in pediatrics so i always tell him about hte kids who come in dead or maimed or drunk and on a respirator<yes, they do get that drunk> The problem is...Long Island and especially Wantagh is known for drinking...especially amoung the football players of which he is one. As far as i know...he hasnt drank since, but who knows. I do my best. Hes not stupid...Honor classes, AP classes, athletics, clubs, etc....just not the brightest bulb when it comes to real life :) No common sense. Takes after his mom :) As for the driving....you get can get your license at 17...permit at 16...hes got 9 months til then...he cant wait...i have already told him that i am not letting his dopey ass get behind the wheel of a 1 ton vehicle until hes 30 :)