• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official Insomniacs Thread

BeanoNYC

OK, Insomniacs... Here's a great place to get together when counting sheep just doesn't cut it. Anyone out there? Hello?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Guess you were the only insomniac last night. ;) Maybe I should put my son on here for you; he woke up a few times last night.

Greg

Staff member
Slept like a stone last night. I always do after mountain biking.

Slept like a stone last night. I always do after mountain biking.

Same for me since I hiked for 3 hours yesterday aftenoon..if I have trouble sleeping I usually get stoned and surf the net and within an hour I end up falling back to sleep..

Mildcat

I work nights so I'm normally up that late but last night I was so wiped out I fell asleep about midnight. During the week there were a lot of nights I was the only member on the board.

Greg

Staff member
Not what I wanted to hear. :cry: I fell asleep at 10 woke up around 1 and was up all night. Teaching is going to be a pleasure....

Increase your physical activity. That usually works for me.

Grassi21

Beano, this insomnia will be great practice for when December rolls around. I don't think I have slept through the night since our little guy was born.

Beetlenut

Not what I wanted to hear. :cry: I fell asleep at 10 woke up around 1 and was up all night. Teaching is going to be a pleasure....

You could try 5HTP or Melatonin at night. Both are naturally occurring in "Normal" people, but may not be produced in sufficient quantities in some people for various reasons. No side effects either.

I work nights so I'm normally up that late but last night I was so wiped out I fell asleep about midnight. During the week there were a lot of nights I was the only member on the board.

When I'm on here in the middle of the night..it seems to be just me and hawkshoot on here. Back when I used to play alot of online poker..I definitely played a few allnight sessions..as it was starting to get light..I'd be like F#ck..take a power nap..and then go to work in a fog. I try to get to sleep by midnight during the week but it doesn't always happen.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I've been working nights on and off now for almost 15 years so I'm always awake at O'dark ugly. Lucky for me, I have a job with flexible hours. I go to work when I wake up and go home 8 hours later (sometimes less, sometimes more). I try to work from home at least once a week so on those days it really doesn't matter how late I stay up.

there is only one type of strain, killer.

Well Sativa is more of a head high and makes your brain work and Indica is more of a body high and makes you locked to the couch..lol..Lots of beer is usually what puts me to sleep..but if you are really groggy..a bump of crystal meth should give you a nice kickstart for a productive day of teaching the future leaders of America..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Beano, this insomnia will be great practice for when December rolls around. I don't think I have slept through the night since our little guy was born.
:lol: Sucks, doesn't it? Even our little guy, who only just started sleeping through the night around his 1st birthday, still gets up periodically at night from time to time. He's been sick so this past week has been tiring.