• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rain is really coming down!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Wow! I put the boy down for a nap (noting that it's almost as dark as night outside) and the next thing I know, the winds are blowing hard and it's POURING outside! WOW! Not taking the kids out in that today.

check out the intellicast radar..Connecticut is going to get slammed..we must have received about 2 inches of rain this morning here in PA but now is ending with just scattered showers..I've never seen it as dark as it was at 9:30AM

Greg

Staff member
bg_trans.gif

Holy crap! :-o

drjeff

Just waiting for you folks in the Central part of CT to be done with it and kick it over to us in the Eastern part. Feels almost as calm and sticky here right now as Saturday PM just before what was left of Hanna came through.

hiroto

Looks like we are going to get hit pretty hard during the evening commute home here in Eastern MA. Yikes.

drjeff

I pretty much have the line of red and yellow that's working its way across the greater Hartford area to get to my office just in time to head out the door for lunch :rolleyes:

UnaBonger

Waterbury, CT area just got pounded and it looks like another band is on the way. Should make for an interesting lunch break :(

Beetlenut

The front just got to Newport, RI. All the lights in the parking lot just came on! If this keeps up, I may have to mow my lawn for the third time this summer!!

Officially 1.51 inches of rain here today..on top of the 2+ inches that fell Saturday...I bet the snowmaking ponds are full..

fixedgrip16

Raining pretty good up here-- has been most of the day. Good weather for the geese up here and blueberries down south.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Snowing pretty hard right now. About 2" per hour., We've had about 30" so far. Drifts are halfway up the house, I can't open the back door anymore. Only way out of town is by snow machine right now. Looks like the skiing will be great at sunrise, all pow shots, no packed snow. I heard they don't have fuel for the snow cats, so we'll have to earn our turns.

Forecast is for another two days of snow. Fear of avalanche is real now. So I'll take my transponder with me when I head out in the morning. Sorry you won't be making first tracks with me. I'll be thinking of you all!

;)

Snowing pretty hard right now. About 2" per hour., We've had about 30" so far. Drifts are halfway up the house, I can't open the back door anymore. Only way out of town is by snow machine right now. Looks like the skiing will be great at sunrise, all pow shots, no packed snow. I heard they don't have fuel for the snow cats, so we'll have to earn our turns.

Forecast is for another two days of snow. Fear of avalanche is real now. So I'll take my transponder with me when I head out in the morning. Sorry you won't be making first tracks with me. I'll be thinking of you all!

;)

Whatever you were smoking last night, can I have some?????