• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ht / Wt / Ski size

bigbog

..until ski season...it IS tough!

I have to step(pun) up my walking/running routine!
At least I've shrunk the rollercoaster-bargraph's limits, but it's still not until ski season that the weight becomes constant.
We're all "working on it" severine!

SteveD

awf170

6'1". 135 pounds. I got up to almost 140 before I started mountain biking, but now since I ride 5 times a week it's a challenge to break 135 pounds. Gaining weight is so freakin' difficult sometimes...

And I ski on 175-179. Also, you guys know that height has nothing to do with what length ski you should be using, right?

6'1". 135 pounds. I got up to almost 140 before I started mountain biking, but now since I ride 5 times a week it's a challenge to break 135 pounds. Gaining weight is so freakin' difficult sometimes...

And I ski on 175-179. Also, you guys know that height has nothing to do with what length ski you should be using, right?

I thought ski length has to do with a combination of height, weight, and what type of skier you are??? Austin..I'm more than 1.5 of you..and Phillycore is more than 2 of you..If I was as skinny as you..I'd spend 2 weeks in an all you can eat buffet..

deadheadskier

Staff member

I thought it had more of an affect on binding settings than ski length; a 6'2 200lb guy would use a higher DIN than a 5'8 200 pound guy due to torque?

could be wrong

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Also, you guys know that height has nothing to do with what length ski you should be using, right?
Absolutely. But since it was asked... just like you, I answered.

ETA: Uh oh! I think Marc's going to join in with his argument on this again....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I have to step(pun) up my walking/running routine!
At least I've shrunk the rollercoaster-bargraph's limits, but it's still not until ski season that the weight becomes constant.
We're all "working on it" severine!

SteveD
We're all working on it. Well, other than Austin. ;) No sweat, just joshing you guys. I know it's a struggle just like anyone else... It's never easy.

chase

IMHO, barring extreme circumstances, people shouldn't try to gain weight unless they are on a lifting program, I know somebody that was about your size and decided to gain weight just by eating more. Now he is skinny-fat.

just my 0.02$

Trekchick

IMHO, barring extreme circumstances, people shouldn't try to gain weight unless they are on a lifting program, I know somebody that was about your size and decided to gain weight just by eating more. Now he is skinny-fat.

just my 0.02$
I agree with this.
awf170, I was like you for many years, and in fact, still don't gain weight at the rate that many do, but you'll find out that you "thicken" with age, and it will be a healthy draw from your own physical traits.

just my 0.02$

There are guys at the bar who are skinny-fat...6 feet tall and 170 pounds with skinny arms..skinny legs..a big beer belly and a double chin..luckily my fat is everywhere..

awf170

just my 0.02$

I agree with this.
awf170, I was like you for many years, and in fact, still don't gain weight at the rate that many do, but you'll find out that you "thicken" with age, and it will be a healthy draw from your own physical traits.

Yeah, I don't really try to gain weight. I eat quite a bit since I'm always hungry, but I don't stuff myself. Also, I eat reasonably healthy.