• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ht / Wt / Ski size

Phillycore

I was up to 360 at one point.... :eek:
Then I kinda got my shit together and made it down to 269, and now I bounce between 280 and 300... I REALLY need to get my self together though and get under that 250 mark.
I just got off disability from a 2nd hernia surgery on August 3rd so I'm getting back on track again.. Ski season helps a LOT because it gives me a real solid reason to get excited about excersize and getting myself off the couch.

Some people get addicted to alcohol, or drugs, I'm addicted to the wrong kinds of food....

pasrblue.jpg

Moe Ghoul took this pic last season at Blue Mt.

I'm the fat guy..... GSS is in there as well...

Last edited:
I was up to 360 at one point.... :eek:
Then I kinda got my shit together and made it down to 269, and now I bounce between 280 and 300... I REALLY need to get my self together though and get under that 250 mark.
I just got off disability from a 2nd hernia surgery on August 3rd so I'm getting back on track again.. Ski season helps a LOT because it gives me a real solid reason to get excited about excersize and getting myself off the couch.

Some people get addicted to alcohol, or drugs, I'm addicted to the wrong kinds of food....

index.php

Moe Ghoul took this pic last season at Blue Mt.

I'm the fat guy..... GSS is in there as well...

Left to right...Barb, TheProgram4, GrilledSteezeSandwich, Toast, Justin and Phillycore..

wa-loaf

ahh yeah that's probably it...

TP4, GSS, and I all post on here though as well..
I'm not sure how to upload pics on here.... maybe I can link it some other way, I'll try that.

Go to the gallery and follow instructions to upload. It will give you code to paste into your post.

mondeo

5'10", 215, 171. Been a bad summer with bronchitis in May-June putting me out for 3 weeks, then lack of motivation, then I pushed myself to hard and put myself out with ankle problems for a few weeks. Back on the wagon now, want to be down to 200 by ski season and 195 by the end of the year.
Also, you guys know that height has nothing to do with what length ski you should be using, right?
Disagree. Turning wise it may not care about height, but fore-aft stability is dependent on CG location. It's a big deal in the bumps, and why I like longer bump skis.

Trekchick

I just went and uploaded it to my verizon acct..

Do you see me now??? lol

I see you now. Good job on getting to a healthier state. I'm sure you, like many of us who ski a lot, drop weight in the winter.
A combination of skiing and being soup season, not to mention shoveling sidewalks, makes me a lean mean skiing machine!

6'1". 135 pounds. I got up to almost 140 before I started mountain biking, but now since I ride 5 times a week it's a challenge to break 135 pounds. Gaining weight is so freakin' difficult sometimes...

And I ski on 175-179. Also, you guys know that height has nothing to do with what length ski you should be using, right?
Yes it does...when it comes to fore/aft balance someone who is the same weight but a few inches taller is going to have a longer arc in their fore/aft range of motion and in crud/slush/pow will bury a tip more often than someone who is the same weight but shorter. A larger proportion of my weight is higher on me than it is on someone who is the same weight but shorter...I'm 6'1 about 207, 34" inseam, 35" waist I've got long legs, not tree trunks, shorter torso and broad shoulders...compared to someone who's 5'9 207lbs with a 30 or 32" inseam, shorter, tree trunk legs, more junk in the trunk and a beer gut...my center of mass is going to be much higher and I'll need a longer ski.

Greg

Staff member
6'1". 135 pounds. I got up to almost 140 before I started mountain biking, but now since I ride 5 times a week it's a challenge to break 135 pounds. Gaining weight is so freakin' difficult sometimes...

I came down with mono when I was 19 in college. I didn't eat much for a month and fell close to 130 lbs. :-o I looked like the living dead. Be happy you have the metabolism you do. Based on your height/weight, you probably will never have to worry about being too heavy which is a good thing. I got to about 170 before riding this season and I've settled back down to about 165. I eat like a horse. My weight can go up or down 5 lbs. in a day.