• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happy Oktoberfest!

wa-loaf

200th Oktoberfest started today:

oktoberfest_3_maxsize_735_490.jpg

http://www.stern.de/reise/deutschla...10-gaudi-auf-der-jubilaeumswiesn-1604916.html

drjeff

One of my friends is over there right now enjoying the 200th rendition of Oktoberfest. Was pretty funny today watching his post/pics on Facebook as the day went on in Munich and the beer consumption went up. I really need to take him up on his offer to go with him one of these years! :beer:

wa-loaf

One of my friends is over there right now enjoying the 200th rendition of Oktoberfest. Was pretty funny today watching his post/pics on Facebook as the day went on in Munich and the beer consumption went up. I really need to take him up on his offer to go with him one of these years! :beer:

you've got two weeks to make it this year. :spin:

powhunter

Back in the late 70s, I was stationed over there and went to 3 of them. Just one insane party!!! Beer tent city!! The Hofbrau Haus was the best! Being low ranking enlisted guys in the Army, we didnt have much $$$, so we just brought our sleeping bags and crashed wherever, Just had enough money for beer and hashish..Anyone thinking of going..Its definately worth it

steveo

wa-loaf

Back in the late 70s, I was stationed over there and went to 3 of them. Just one insane party!!! Beer tent city!! The Hofbrau Haus was the best! Being low ranking enlisted guys in the Army, we didnt have much $$$, so we just brought our sleeping bags and crashed wherever, Just had enough money for beer and hashish..Anyone thinking of going..Its definately worth it

steveo

I've been to three, but it's all kind of blended into one event in my memory ...