• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lynn Woods September 20th, '08 (lots of pics!)

awf170

Such an awesome day for riding. Absolutely perfect weather. Actually having someone to ride with plus starting before 5pm meant I had plenty of time to dick around with my camera. So here are some pictures.

Me = white bike
Cousin = dark bike

Short but steep roller:
IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

NIce grippy granite:
IMG_0623.jpg

TIme to go up it:
IMG_0625.jpg

Small drop:
IMG_0649.jpg

Another one of the million granite rollers:
IMG_0654.jpg

Praying that I make it onto the narrow bridge:
IMG_0662.jpg

Yay!
IMG_0663.jpg

Oh crap, I didn't even get to the hardest part yet:
IMG_0664.jpg

Victory:
IMG_0665.jpg

Greg

Staff member
Sick photos, Austin. I think the only thing there I'd try is the log stunt you wiped on... :lol:

eatskisleep

Cool photos... So i take it as the wooden stunt at the end is outside of lynn woods?

PS I guess that some graffiti guy went over some of the work by Ichabod on the skull rock... I guess it looks like crap now becasue of it... It's really too bad becasue that wall was a work of art.

MR. evil

Sick photos, Austin. I think the only thing there I'd try is the log stunt you wiped on... :lol:

I would try the bridge in the last picture.

Just wait until you see some of the footage Brian shot from todays ride at Case Mt. Totally F'g insane is the only way to describe what our guides were doing on bikes.

bvibert

Staff member
Just wait until you see some of the footage Brian shot from todays ride at Case Mt. Totally F'g insane is the only way to describe what our guides were doing on bikes.

Yes, that is the only way to describe it. It's going to take me a while to go through it all.

awf170

Cool photos... So i take it as the wooden stunt at the end is outside of lynn woods?

PS I guess that some graffiti guy went over some of the work by Ichabod on the skull rock... I guess it looks like crap now becasue of it... It's really too bad becasue that wall was a work of art.

Yep, they are right behind were we parked. I just didn't know they were there at the time.

And yeah, I saw the boneyard a couple of weeks ago after some did that. What a couple of douchebags. I was kind of hoping one of them slipped off the rock, and was laying in the rocks below dead. Sadly there was no bloody corpse in the rocks below.

I would try the bridge in the last picture.

Don't under estimate that last bridge. It is a lot worse than it looks, and took me a while to work up the courage. I still think you might do it, but is pretty freakin' sketchy.

You went to Case without me? i h8 u guys, die.

MR. evil

You went to Case without me? i h8 u guys, die.

It was a last minute thing. We were supposed to ride Nassahegan but plans changed. Its probably a good thing you did come with the group we rode with today. You might have killed yourself trying to ride what our guides were riding.

awf170

It was a last minute thing. We were supposed to ride Nassahegan but plans changed. Its probably a good thing you did come with the group we rode with today. You might have killed yourself trying to ride what our guides were riding.

This sounds like a challenge to me. ;-) Are you guys going to ride there again soon? From the sound of it I really want to ride with these guys. Or get the whole clan to take a road trip up to Lynn woods.

MR. evil

This sounds like a challenge to me. ;-) Are you guys going to ride there again soon? From the sound of it I really want to ride with these guys. Or get the whole clan to take a road trip up to Lynn woods.

I am not sure we will ride there with them again. It was fun watching them do there thing and getting some pointers. But not really our thing. There should be some vid up tonight of these guys and you can judge there skills for yourself.........Personally while watching these guys I have never felt so inadequate on a bike before.

awf170

Personally while watching these guys I have never felt so inadequate on a bike before.

I need some of that right now. I haven't ridden with any really good riders in over a month now and as a result I'm starting to get far too cocky about my biking abilities. I think it's time to go ride with the guys from Dieselbikes.com again and get completely shown up.

Greg

Staff member
Personally while watching these guys I have never felt so inadequate on a bike before.

Why are you guys beating up on yourselves? There will always be guys better than you. Set your own realistic personal goals and be happy when you reach them. Personally, I'm very happy with my progress after 4 months. I'm doing more than I ever thought I would. It seems like I'm settling into being pretty much an XC guy with some "cross stuntery" mixed in. It's apparent that Austin has progressed more than any of us though. :smash:

MR. evil

Why are you guys beating up on yourselves? There will always be guys better than you. Set your own realistic personal goals and be happy when you reach them. Personally, I'm very happy with my progress after 4 months. I'm doing more than I ever thought I would. It seems like I'm settling into being pretty much an XC guy with some "cross stuntery" mixed in. It's apparent that Austin has progressed more than any of us though. :smash:

Greg,
I don't think I can really explain it. It wasn't just that these guys had tons of balls and were a bit crazy. But that they rode bikes like they were an extention of there body. It was like we had our own personal X-games going on right in front of us.

Greg

Staff member
Greg,
I don't think I can really explain it. It wasn't just that these guys had tons of balls and were a bit crazy. But that they rode bikes like they were an extention of there body. It was like we had our own personal X-games going on right in front of us.

Sounds rad. They've also probably been riding 20 years. Keep it in perspective.