• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Maine Sightseeing(Piscataquis Cty) - 9/20/08

bigbog

Date(s) Hiked: 9/20/2008

Trails(s) Hiked: Nothing man-made(Farrar Mtn), except for roads taken

Total Distance: Driven: 60, Hiked: ~2.5

Difficulty: Low

Conditions: Unlimited Sunshine, Temperature: mid to high 60s(F)

Special Required Equipment: None

Trip Report:
This is a rather disfunctional TR..but I, at least, wanted to get my images in, a little hiking...with a close friend(and ripping Rockie Mtn skier), Kate= the official photographer....me: trail/old-cutting-road-finder, and her daughter Stephanie: official wildlife spotter, thus Kate's camera possesses the expedition's hiking pics, short as they were..down to...and back from natural low-priority landmarks stretching from the Penobscot River's West Branch(adjacent to Katahdin Range) southward to a small mountain(Farrar Mtn), and onward south to Moosehead Lake's eastern side. We brought a lightweight kevlar 17' canoe/paddles/PFDs/foam pedestal for 3rd person...so it isn't a stretch of the imagination whose hands were full, thus I only got to snap these shots when we stopped...and given my effort at getting the settings right, I think we'll switch next time..;-)

*Apologies for the duplicate shots of the stream/river, as opposed to a nice hike. The lower-in-the-sky September sun really brings the blue out in clear water in the afternoons.
Sight-Seeing in Maine Woods

Last edited:

bigbog

MJ,
Oh yeah....we got a late start(to begin with)..both of us having a few things to get done around our places:)roll:), so I tried to offer her daughter a little diversity...wasn't that disjointed once we got up to West Branch area to begin with...then simply came southward...stopping off for the short hike.. At least when the weather is so nice and you have some comfy clearance & floatation in the tires/ride...you get a chance to see a lot more than the main road stuff.

SteveD

Last edited: