• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

For the Office Crowd

thetrailboss

Staff member
Today is the first day of fall. I am marking the occasion by wearing one of the official Trailboss/New England Ski Museum Ski Ties:

I own a red one:

3-ties.jpg

As well as a blue one:

product_thumb.php

Be sure to get your official ski tie from the HERE at the NESM site.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Admittedly ski ties may be a bit tacky, but these are probably the most tasteful ski ties I have seen....they have some class and are fun. All proceeds help the museum as well...which I have YET to visit :eek:

kcyanks1

Those are pretty cool. I try to avoid wearing a tie -- day #9 in a row in ignoring my Mon-Thurs business formal dress code that started back the day after Labor Day (I was out the week of Labor Day, so I'm 9 for 9). If I were to wear a tie to work, not sure whether a ski tie would be appropriate though (says the one not wearing a tie at all :) ).

Beetlenut

If I have to wear a tie, I usually wear one of the Jerry Garcia ties. I do however like the ski ties!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Alternately...
* I've been wearing my Steamboat sweatshirt all summer.
* I wore my NASTAR fleece vest one chilly morning last week.
* I put my MRG sticker on my lawnmower last summer.
* My daughter wore her MRG "Ski it if you can" sweatshirt to school last week.

bvibert

Staff member
Looks like a nice tie. Can't justify it though. I rarely wear ties, probably less than once a year on average, and I already have a few to choose from.

Grassi21

i have a bunch of suites and a ton of ties from my corporate training days. not that i switched over to testing the back end of our software i can't remember what my suites and ties look like. lots of jeans and polos for me.

i do have a sweet vineyard vines lacrosse tie that i love. that gets busted out more times than not when its needed.

Grassi21

Sorry but i only wear naked lady ties.

in HS we had to wear ties on game days for basketball. my bud used to wear a tie that was one large pen15. very funny... if you don't know what a pen15 is, use your imagination.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
in HS we had to wear ties on game days for basketball. my bud used to wear a tie that was one large pen15. very funny... if you don't know what a pen15 is, use your imagination.

was he awarded with after-school detention and the tie confiscated. I can't believe the administration was naive...

Grassi21

was he awarded with after-school detention and the tie confiscated. I can't believe the administration was naive...

nah, never came to that. this was waaaaaaaaay back in the mid 90s. :lol: things were different then... ;-)

snowmonster

Thanks for the link, TB. Been looking for a skier tie -- to go with my soccer tie. If I'm not mistaken, the skier on the tie is Dick Durrance -- the man on the medal.

You've never been to the NESM? Cross the border into NH, man!

Last edited:

djspookman

If I had to wear a tie, i'd get that one. None of the places I've ever worked have required ties, and at 29 I still don't know how to properly tie a tie, and I don't care to, and i'm proud of that. :)

dave

If I had to wear a tie, i'd get that one. None of the places I've ever worked have required ties, and at 29 I still don't know how to properly tie a tie, and I don't care to, and i'm proud of that. :)

dave

Same here..and I've tried the how to tie a tie things on the internet..I don't even have a suit...just a sportcoat if I go to a wedding..but almost every wedding I go to is Black tie..

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks for the link, TB. Been looking for a skier tie -- to go with my soccer tie. If I'm not mistaken, the skier on the tie is Dick Durrance -- the man on the medal.

You've never been to the NESM? Cross the border into NH, man!

Yes, the guy on the blue and cranberry ties (bottom) is Dick Durrance. As to the other skier guy, it may be as well.

And I was thinking of you, Professor, when I put this up. We are going to have to start a ski-tie lawyer club or something....

snowmonster

Yes, the guy on the blue and cranberry ties (bottom) is Dick Durrance. As to the other skier guy, it may be as well.

And I was thinking of you, Professor, when I put this up. We are going to have to start a ski-tie lawyer club or something....

I'm in whatever club you start, counselor. Be sure you have a tie on when we ski Burke next year!