• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Google Ads within Threads

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
Stephen, you know an extension us other firefox guys aren't aware of?

Yeah, fill us in... Not that I'm looking to get rid of the ads, just curious...

MtnMagic

I haven't seen any ads, pop-ups, or any kind of sponsored links. The forums look the same as they did years ago. My browser has Service Pack 2 on IE 6. It's the wonderful Spyware Blocker software that automatically prevents me from receiving ads, worms, scripts, etc and all cookies I do no wish. It also blocks websites that profile, scan, track, etc. And it has a log that lists everything received from a website. The best $40 for a lifetime of upgrades I ever spent.

http://www.spyblocker-software.com/spyblocker
MtnMagic.jpg

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
bvibert said:
riverc0il said:
Stephen, you know an extension us other firefox guys aren't aware of?

Yeah, fill us in... Not that I'm looking to get rid of the ads, just curious...

On your firefox, go to tools-->extensions. Click on "Get More Extensions". (Always add extensions this way to avoid getting something nasty on your browser).

Scroll down til you see Adblock. It's the #2 most popular extension as of today. Follow the instructions from there.

-Stephen

MtnMagic

I just had to disable my Spyblocker to see what everyone was talking about. I saw it. What is great about Spyblocker is that it automatically blocks the pagead2.googlesyndication.com cookie that creates it in the first place. See the post two above.

A lifetime of upgrades to prevent everything you don't want, including spyware, all for a mere $40. Yes, after almost 3 years of complete satisfaction, I most definitely recommend it!
http://www.spyblocker-software.com/spyblocker

bvibert

Staff member
Stephen said:
On your firefox, go to tools-->extensions. Click on "Get More Extensions". (Always add extensions this way to avoid getting something nasty on your browser).

Scroll down til you see Adblock. It's the #2 most popular extension as of today. Follow the instructions from there.

-Stephen

Hmmm... I have adblock already, I've had it since I got firefox. Guess I didn't set it up correctly because I still see the google ads here. No matter, they're really not THAT intrusive...

bvibert

Staff member
I figured out how to block the ads here using adblock, but I'm gonna leave it be for now...