• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 10/1/08

bvibert

Staff member
I remember the first ride at Nass(with the paper directions) doing the main loop and probably walking my bike more than I rode it

I don't know if we walked more than rode on that ride, but we did a fair amount more walking. We also did a LOT more stopping, mostly to try and figure out where we were going though. I still remember sitting atop that short little washed out downhill that you first encounter in the cemetery twisty area, the three of us debating the best line to get down it. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
I still remember sitting atop that short little washed out downhill that you first encounter in the cemetery twisty area, the three of us debating the best line to get down it. :lol:

That's a treacherous spot. :razz:

Greg

Staff member
Are you and Jeff still using the ladies' tee trail braid to the right?? :roll:

That was one time. Let it go. :razz: You're no stranger to lady tees, my friend... ;)

o3jeff

Me being a gaper

Very good point.

Ok, how about this one then, by us going that way, it puts us in a better alignment to hit the huge jump with a lot more speed, therefore giving us the extra momentum to hit the first rock in the garden and launch over the rest:wink:

Actually, your right, we're just a bunch of ladies.:razz:

rueler

Nice...I'm glad you guys are riding that p path to the riders right of that downhill...Because of you, now that hill is climbable in the reverse direction. I made it the last couple times only because of your path...it's nearly impossible if you ride through the guts of the loose rutted out part of the hill. BUT, I always ride the played out section when going downhill. Save the p path for when you come the other way.

Grassi21

got the bike back. pretty psyched they were able to turn it around so fast.

MR. evil

WH res. tomorrow at 8am if you want!! MDC lot on route 4.

Would love to join you, but I have way too much to do in the morning. I am thinking of hitting the Rez (or Nass) on Sunday.

2knees

I'd love to do the WH resevoir sometime. Let me know if you guys do that one anytime soon.