• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

City slicker or country bumkin???

City Slicker or Country Bumkin

• City water sewer

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Well/septic

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

Hawkshot99

Town water/sewer. Used to have a well and septic. Got tired of the smell, and the water always tasted funny, so we switched both.

Trekchick

Same "crappy" career here Trekchick! Just remember that...."Their shit is our bread and butter" 8)

* I work for a utility contractor that specializes in the study and trenchless rehabilitation of municipal sanitary/storm sewers and potable water systems. I've been deep underground in places and situations that put the show "Dirty Jobs" too shame.
Ha, gotta love job security. Almost as secure as GSS' job.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
PS...
Could not vote. By your definition I am a city slicker, but I do not live in a city.

Many small villages in Vermont and many other states have town water. Definately not city slickers. Poll was obviously made by a city slicker, going by the two choices, with no experience as a country bumkin :wink:

Terry

We have gravity fed spring water that feeds 12 houses in the neighborhood along a 1 mile line. Have our own septic and we are NOT city slickers.