• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another derailleur...

bvibert

Staff member
For a familar example of strain hardening, look at a paper clip. Try to bend it perfectly straight. Hard to get those bends out of it, isn't it? It's because they've strain hardened. The more extreme the deformation, that harder it gets until it fractures.

Thanks Mr. Wizard...

awf170

Under all your biting sarcasm and caustic cynicism, you enjoy the education, you just don't want anyone to know it. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. ;)

Hey, Mr. Wizard want to like actually go biking at some point? What time is Mr. Chimney cleaner coming, if it is Sunday or tomorrow afternoon you should get you butt up to Lynn Woods to get shown up by Keegan.

Marc is right!
Pack a few zip ties along with a chain tool so if you do bust your RD you can shorten the chain and make your ride into a SS 4 the ride out. use the zip ties 2 keep the busted RD and housing out of the spokes.
(I have been riding and racing 4 over Twenty years and I have Never(knock wood)broken a RD!
Chains Yes, but not a RD.
Peace out!

MR. evil

Well I think I may have wrecked my rear der this afternoon doing some stunts in the backyard. It is ghost shifting pretty bad and looks like the cage is bent inward towards the wheel a bit. I am going to order an X& medium cage tonight and hope it come in by Tuesday so I can ride on Weds.

MR. evil

I just checked the hanger and it looks pretty straight.

Well I think I may have wrecked my rear der this afternoon doing some stunts in the backyard. It is ghost shifting pretty bad and looks like the cage is bent inward towards the wheel a bit. I am going to order an X& medium cage tonight and hope it come in by Tuesday so I can ride on Weds.
Check 2 C if the rear hanger is bent too!
(where the RD screws into the frame).