• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Default style change / forum order

When should we change the default style / forum order?

• Stick with tradition: Greg's first frost - First 70 degree day

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Align it with the lift-serviced ski season

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • October 1 - April 30

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • First evidence of snowfall somwhere in the Northeast until....

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Other. Suggest below.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Uh huh. I didn't even think to check until I notice the temp was 35*F. I was surprised how much there was on the grass and the roofs. Certainly a "damp" frost, but there was definitely frozen substance on the grass blades. Earliest frost I remember in a while.
Sweet!! BLUE. Not even close to a frost on LI.

I guess I'm not colored blind because the background is Blue..and this morning when I got out of bed I needed to find my sweatpants..wow a nice chilly start to October..Indian Summer is for gapers..

drewfidelic

I like the first first frost at Greg's for reverting to the blue (I'm as bummed for the end of golf season this year as stoked for the beginning of ski season), but keep the blue until the end of lift-serviced skiing in the northeast-- if AZ doesn't keep the torch for spring skiing, who will?
________
Vapormatic Deluxe Instructions

Last edited: