• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Appalachian Trail/Blue mountain 10/3/08..

Hey All,

I'm back from hiking the Appalachian trail with Atomic Jeff. We began around 2:15PM at the parking area off of Blue mountain drive and it was a seasonably cool 54 degrees under partly sunny skys. We went east on the Appalachian trail near the ski area..it begins as a steep rock scramble and then mellows out on the ridge above the Main Lodge. Then we continued on the Appalachian trail for another half hour or so and decided to bushwack through the woods to the ski trails..well we didn't realize how far we went and we worked our way north(downhill) and west..eventually we ended up on the farthest east part of the ski area...the last turn on Paradise. Wow Paradise looks alot steeper with no snow...we hiked up P-dizzle and then hiked up part of the new trail which has snowguns and I think lights installed..then cut across Razors and Challenge to the Sidewinder Park. We hiked up Sidewinder from the Wall Ride to the top of the 6-pack..by this point I was sweating bullets..the first turn near the top of Sidewinder is pretty steep..We took a break on the 6-pack and then hiked along the top of the ski area and made our way to the parking lot..then down the driveway back and back to our cars..In total it was a three hour hike and I think we hiked 7-8 miles..all I know is that I'm DFT..Dead F+cking Tired..Atomic Jedd is going to add a few pictures from his I-Phone later on..

Here is a shot looking east on the Appalachian trail from my friends IPhone..

Last edited: