• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bronx Zoo

Greg

Staff member
Never been and taking the kids this weekend. Give me the low-down.

FRITOLAYGUY

its a good time to go ive gone when there has been alll the schools class trips there not fun, its big alot to see, make sure u drive to 188th and arthur ave around the corner and get some damn good pizza at full moon pizza its in little italy, its looks a tad sketchy around it but u will be fine in the day time.

Dr Skimeister

Never been and taking the kids this weekend. Give me the low-down.

You have younger kids, right?

Lots of territory to try to cover, so don't even try to see everything. It's worth the couple of extra bucks per ticket for the "extras".The Children's Zoo is sure to be a hit with the Prairie Dog exhibit and the Tree House/Slide. The gorilla exhibit is the one of best I've seen-when we were there in May, there was a group of Mamas sitting right near the glass nursing their babies. The aviary is cool too-able to walk around amongst hundreds of free-flying birds.

The food generally sucks, so you might think of packing a lunch and toting it along.

Dr Skimeister

its a good time to go ive gone when there has been alll the schools class trips there not fun, its big alot to see, make sure u drive to 188th and arthur ave around the corner and get some damn good pizza at full moon pizza its in little italy, its looks a tad sketchy around it but u will be fine in the day time.

+++++1 on Arthur Av

Go to Mike's Deli in the Arthur Av Market for some belly-buster sandwichs

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Been to the Bronx Zoo numerous times and loved it each time. The apes are cool, but be careful, they like to throw their own crap at the people, serious.

Greg

Staff member
Been to the Bronx Zoo numerous times and loved it each time. The apes are cool, but be careful, they like to throw their own crap at the people, serious.

I can see why you enjoyed it so much.

o3jeff

Like I told you after riding you'll love the place and you'll never know your in the middle of the city. Like Andy said the ape exhibit is really good. Try to get there when they open cause there is a lot to see and when you get there check the show times so you have enough time to get to the area they are having them.

The apes at the National Zoo in Washington DC put on a great show. I'd like to hit up the Bronx Zoo sometime.

You should meet Greg and his family there this weekend:razz:

I'm not up to anything this weekend but The Bronx is like 2 hours from me..when Xanadu opens though..I'll hit the zoo..After going to the Zoo in DC for free..it will be tough to pay admission to see animals..

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Enjoy its a truly awesome place. In my neighborhood, I'm about 20 mins north, you'll be passing right by!

I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but bring a stroller for the little one....there is a decent amount of walking for them. We actually purchased the family plan a couple of years ago..it paid off after about 4 visits with the parking and tix for all.

Greg

Staff member
and....if you're a receipt saver to satisfy your accountant....tickets bought here are looked at as a "donation"....and saves standing in line......

https://tickets.wcs.org/mainstore.asp?vid=0

Thanks. Do you know if tickets can be printed directly from that site? I can't imagine if they mail them I'd get them in time for this weekend.

+++++1 on Arthur Av

Go to Mike's Deli in the Arthur Av Market for some belly-buster sandwichs

Arthur Avenue is in the plan.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but bring a stroller for the little one....there is a decent amount of walking for them. We actually purchased the family plan a couple of years ago..it paid off after about 4 visits with the parking and tix for all.

Thanks. I think we're going to bring a stroller and the Kelty pack. My 2 year old is a peanut and I can easily still shlep her around in that. Plus it will give her a higher vantage point to see things.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Thanks. Do you know if tickets can be printed directly from that site? I can't imagine if they mail them I'd get them in time for this weekend.

Arthur Avenue is in the plan.

Thanks. I think we're going to bring a stroller and the Kelty pack. My 2 year old is a peanut and I can easily still shlep her around in that. Plus it will give her a higher vantage point to see things.
Have fun! Can't wait for the trip report..:)