• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKIING: Killington, Vermont - Friday, 11/21

Greg

Staff member
Okay. Time to put in a V Day. This is contingent on a few things:
  • They're open
  • Chute is open
  • Chute is ungroomed
  • It's not raining
I could push to Friday, 11/21 if need be. Who else is down?

bvibert

Staff member
In! Though, if those conditions are met the week before I may consider going then instead. I want to effing ski... ASAP! ;)

• They're open
  • Chute is open
  • Chute is ungroomed
  • It's not raining

You're way too picky...what if it's just the run on the front side..Canyon-Standard??? You should be happy to just ski,..anyway maybe I'll be there..I have alot more vacation time than last year at this time..but seriously Greg.,.do you ever ski on weekends??? All the PASR days are on weekends..I'm going to plan some AlpineZone days on the weekends as well..

deadheadskier

Staff member
No you won't. Do you get no vacation time?

it's minimal until I've hit two years with the company, which is next May. 2009-2010 winter I should be able to grab 4-5 midweek days. Like your want/need to spend weekends with the fam, the minimal vaca time I get is spent with the lady......deposits

it's minimal until I've hit two years with the company, which is next May. 2009-2010 winter I should be able to grab 4-5 midweek days. Like your want/need to spend weekends with the fam, the minimal vaca time I get is spent with the lady......deposits

DeadHead if the 15th is opening day at Mount Snow I'll be there..and for Sunday as well..I don't need an ungroomed bump run..I just want to ski..even if it's raining.,.

2knees

• They're open
  • Chute is open
  • Chute is ungroomed
  • It's not raining

In

deadheadskier

Staff member
DeadHead if the 15th is opening day at Mount Snow I'll be there..and for Sunday as well..I don't need an ungroomed bump run..I just want to ski..even if it's raining.,.

could be possible. I may be at the River or Sugarloaf that weekend anyhow. I plan on hitting the Warren Miller film for lift tickets

Greg

Staff member
You're way too picky...what if it's just the run on the front side..Canyon-Standard??? You should be happy to just ski,..anyway maybe I'll be there..I have alot more vacation time than last year at this time..but seriously Greg.,.do you ever ski on weekends??? All the PASR days are on weekends..I'm going to plan some AlpineZone days on the weekends as well..

Probably more spoiled than picky. Last year's AZ gathering at Snow was stellar with the conditions on Chute. I usually only ski 1-2 days in November. If I'm going to burn a V day, it has to be a bit more than Canyon-Standard. That would entertain me for 2 or 3 hours. I'd rather save the V Day for rad bumps in the spring.

I ski many Saturdays....with my daughter at Sundown. I'll ski Sundays here and there with my father-in-law, or Sunday nights at Sundown. I get a lot of vacation time and I burn a lot of it on Friday ski days. It seems the AZers I ski with most can swing it too.

Gotcha. And I get it. I thought you had more time in the with the co. It seems like you've been hating' on the Friday gatherings forever now... :razz: Maybe next season...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Gotcha. And I get it. I thought you had more time in the with the co. It seems like you've been hating' on the Friday gatherings forever now... :razz: Maybe next season...

if I do make a Friday it will be late season, prime conditions...not WROD. still hopin' to make one of the Sundown comps though to meet everyone and most likely get my ass kicked :oops:

could be possible. I may be at the River or Sugarloaf that weekend anyhow. I plan on hitting the Warren Miller film for lift tickets

Cool..lets just be happy if there is any skiing that weekend..some years it's really warm in mid November..but remember November of 1997..it dumped over a foot of fresh in mid November on Stowe and Sugarbush..I got busted for poaching Domino at Sugarbush..,"Sorry Mr. Patroller I thought that rope meant the trail was reserved for me"...lol

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside

im down it would be nice to be there on friday so it isn't as crowded and we can go fast without killing anyone. the big question is where we gona have the AZ party.

im down it would be nice to be there on friday so it isn't as crowded and we can go fast without killing anyone. the big question is where we gona have the AZ party.

I think there will be lots of AZ parties..last year opening weekend at Mount Snow wasn't even that crowded..I could ski fast and avoid people..the Canyon-Standard run is fairly wide..I like to ease into the ski seasons..I sort of hope there aren't any bumps opening day..but push piles are fun for getting credit card air..lol

Zand

I could swing 11/21, but not 11/14. I am planning on going up sometime during Veterans Day weekend if they're open.

drjeff

Just to add to the jones factor, when I hiked up and around Mount Snow this AM, grass on chute has been cut AND the snowmaking hose has been dropped off at each spigot/gun! Guns haven't been hooked upto to the hoses or pulled into place yet, but it won't be long now :snow: ;)

Absolutely amazing how much off season work Mount Snow has done/still is doing. The semi-sad thing is that a great deal of what they've done WON'T be noticed by all but the most diehard of mountain ops/ snowmaking tech/Mount Snow "geeks" :rolleyes: New feeder pipes, "recycled" air/water tower guns on trails that were formerly ground guns, multiple new decks, repositioned kids program buildings, LOTS of paint, widened juntions of trails, and oh yes 150 fan guns ;)