• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Computer Desktop Image

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
It changes every minute, cycling through a few hundred of my best shots from hiking and skiing trips. At this moment, it's from August, looking down the West Mountain Chair at Sugarloaf as we hiked up.

highpeaksdrifter

This is mine right now, I change it from time to time.

slides.jpg

gmcunni

I wouldn't say their grooming is poor, they just choose not to excessively groom everything.

fair enough, "poor" was a poor choice of words.

"a place not known for their grooming and prefer to leave things natural" might be a better way to say it.

4aprice

Not mine but my wife has the most beautiful picture of The Mount Washington Hotel and Presidential Range taken from Bretton Woods on her laptop. What suprises me is the amount of people who think it was taken somewhere in the Rockies.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

deadheadskier

Staff member
This is mine right now, I change it from time to time.

slides.jpg

????

On the left side of the image, what is the narrow strip to the right of what appears to be a wide trail? Is that the lift line for the summit quad? It doesn't appear on the trail map. Skiable?

jaywbigred

Not skiing related yet:

picture.php

I usually wait til I've actually been skiing before switching over, to prevent ski jones from exploding my head. That, and waiting for a nationally embarassing shalacking of my Buckeyes making me tuck my tail btwn my legs and meekly make the change so as not to remind me of said patheticness...

highpeaksdrifter

????

On the left side of the image, what is the narrow strip to the right of what appears to be a wide trail? Is that the lift line for the summit quad? It doesn't appear on the trail map. Skiable?

What you thought was a wide trail is the liftline for the summit quad. To lookers right of that is a power line that is not skiable.

Well.....I shouldn't say not skiable. I'm sure there are members of the S.I.E. that could rip it up.

Hawkshot99

desktop.jpg

Valentino Rossi(46) making a pass for the lead(off road at that) through the corkscrew at the Moto GP race in Laguna Seca.

mondeo

That photo was taken by a guy on another forum I frequent. Did you check out the rest od the pics on his site? Plus the fly by of them breaking the sound barrier?

Yeah, he's got some pretty good shots.

This one, though, is by far my favorite. A single shock wave is sorta neat, but all the little shock waves formed in the transonic regime is just plain awesome.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I saw this in a magazine about 10 years ago and found it as an inspiration to keep on achieving no matter what level of success you have obtained. It's been by desktop for a long time now. Ocasionally, I'll put up a awesome ski photo, but it always come back to this.
f913291a.jpg

I had just got my first IT job and was really impressed with the SCSI interface document scanner we had. LOL

mondeo

I had just got my first IT job and was really impressed with the SCSI interface document scanner we had. LOL

I'd be really impressed if my group got rid of the SCSI interface document scanner we still have, mid-90s beige and all. The SCSI card that's needed for the computer probably costs more than a new scanner would.