• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Computer Desktop Image

skiNEwhere

Bump.

Here are some great skiing backgrounds/wallpapers that I have used recently.

Snowbird

attachment.php

That looks like a lot of fun.....is it open and skiable?

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
After cycling through a bunch over the last few months, my new background is this pic that my buddy took of me at Grand Targhee.

Attachments

• 1427972000803.jpg
    1427972000803.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 117

thetrailboss

Staff member
That looks like a lot of fun.....is it open and skiable?

That's Mary Ellen Gulch, which is Snowbird's "final frontier" and their current snowcat operation. This is not open, but Mineral Basin is right over that ridge (and you can see the cat tracks on the upper right side of the photo). Mineral Basin is open.

drjeff

I am assuming he did something else other than give me a hard time in this thread, right? I wouldn't think that would be enough to get a timeout and I didn't complain about it or report his posts or anything like that. :dontknow:

Probably a situation where it wasn't necessarily anything incredibly terrible recently, but an issue with a "triple secret probation" that the moderators had imposed backchannel....

skiNEwhere

I think he's on timeout due to comments he made in this thread a few days ago, based on other users replies.

His actual comments may have been deleted though.

benski

Cool. Did you ask Cortana where it was taken??
I saw it on someone else's computer and at first assumed the person was not a big skiers. I recognized the mountain for pictures of opening day at a basin.