• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Computer Desktop Image

gmcunni

I just set a new background on my PC.
fresh.jpg

What background do you have?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Alpine Meadows / Estelle Bowl.

oddly, if it wasn't what I had guessed, I was thinking the Sierra's. The trees, dark colored rocks and sierra cement looking snow had me thinking perhaps it was out there.

When did you to Alpine? What did you think? Tahoe is high on my list of ski vacay destinations.....

gmcunni

When did you to Alpine? What did you think? Tahoe is high on my list of ski vacay destinations.....

i was there March 2007. LOVED IT!! i was on business in SF area and drove up to tahoe for 1 night. Got there early enough to night ski @ Squaw. The mountain was incredible but the skiing stunk. the spring slush froze up and there was no fun to be had. They basically open 1 trail from the tram station.

Next day I was at Alpine Meadows @ 8 AM. skied pretty much non-stop until they closed. it was a phenomenal day. I'd go back there in a second. Drove to Sacramento and took a red-eye home.

Stayed in a cheap but clean hotel in Truckee. they were nice enough to let me come back at the end of day (after checkout) to take a shower before heading home.

mondeo

I need to get a copy of my work wallpaper, but it's a collage of Jennifer Heil, Outer Limits, Johnny Moseley, and Dale Begg Smith.

Not skiing related, but I think pretty cool still, is my wallpaper at home:

1286859.jpg

Hawkshot99

I need to get a copy of my work wallpaper, but it's a collage of Jennifer Heil, Outer Limits, Johnny Moseley, and Dale Begg Smith.

Not skiing related, but I think pretty cool still, is my wallpaper at home:

1286859.jpg

That photo was taken by a guy on another forum I frequent. Did you check out the rest od the pics on his site? Plus the fly by of them breaking the sound barrier?

bvibert

Staff member
I have the same pictures of my kids on both home and work computer. The only problem is that I hardly ever see it since I have a bunch of windows open all the time. Last night when I saw this thread I had to minimize a few to remind myself of what my desktop was....

Greg

Staff member
You're killing me with all the cord, Gary. I thought you were one of "us". ;)

Warp Daddy

Summer screen = Picture of "the Queen of the Hop" sitting on our dock @ Bolton Landing , Lake George

Winter picture varies : 1 =me and my family skiing at various mtns 2= riding the lifts in a blizzard 3= me and the Queen on the top of the Mtn on a blubird day

bvibert

Staff member
the irony is my new desktop (that first picture) is poached from a place known for poor grooming, one of your favorite mountains i think.

I wouldn't say their grooming is poor, they just choose not to excessively groom everything. Their groomed terrain is actually quite good, if that's your thing. When I was last there they were grooming a bunch of the trails in anticipation of a big weekend starting the next day. Hitting the fresh cord on the runouts back to the lift was very nice.