• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3rd Rainy Weekend in a Row

ChileMass

OK, this weather officially blows.

What is everyone doing for the latest rainy weekend? I may have to rummage out the barn attic if I can't come up with anything better.....somebody help!!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes, it blows and bites!!!! IF ONLY IT WAS SNOW!! We've had MORE than enough rain. Will probably clear up on Monday morning at 9am :(

Oh well...spending some quality time giving TLC to my gear...cleaning and repairwork...

loafer89

My garden desperatly needs my attention as the spring bulbs need to be deadheaded, and I have to patch our lawn in the backyard. Our Saint Bernards really do a number on the grass during the winter.

It's only 49F here and it just started to rain :angry: :angry:

ALLSKIING

Staff member
ChileMass said:

What is everyone doing for the latest rainy weekend? I may have to rummage out the barn attic if I can't come up with anything better.....somebody help!!
since the weather is so bad I am thinking of working this weekend and taking off during the week.

awf170

riverc0il said:
either kmart or tucks on sunday. last sunday in tucks was awesome despite the mist and overall dampness.

i wanted to go up this weekend but it looks to nasty even sunday now... have u been up to tucks yet or just hillmans, they might get a good amount of snow out of this storm, that would be awsome

loafer89

Don't shot the messenger, but the forecast for next weekend calls for more NCP in New England :roll:

awf170

loafer89 said:
Don't shot the messenger, but the forecast for next weekend calls for more NCP in New England :roll:

maybe that will be good this weekend it was supposed to be nice, so if it is supposed to rain it will be nice

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Hanging out with a fellow AZ'er on Saturday, visiting Mom during the day on Sunday, then taking in "Little Shop of Horrors" at the Colonial that evening.

It'll be good to give my legs a little downtime. I've been training for the 2005 Ride for Research for the Brain Tumor Society, which will be a 50-mile bike ride next weekend. I'm doing the ride along with "Team VFTT" from the Views from the Top hiking web site, who are regular supporters of BTS. This is a very worthwhile cause - please click on this link and consider sponsoring me on this ride!

Lostone

Got out for a hike each of the last two days. The next two will be working on computer projects.

I have a million pix to go thru. Some get moved onto my Jim's Scenery Pix site and some into a file for pix for screensavers, while most just go onto a CD... probably never to be seen again. :cry:

I also have a few other things to catch up on that got ignored so that I could ski all winter.

So what I mean is I'll spend most of the weekend on the net. :eek: :lol:

Max

Actually it's the 4th in a row, but who's counting? And long range prediction is for rain next Saturday and Sunday. Not that I like being the grim reaper... :blink:

awf170

riverc0il said:
looks like this weekend is a wash for me. time to begin packing and hope the long range predictions are wrong for rain again next weekend!!!

so no tuxs tomorrow, it actually doesnt look that bad right now looking at the dopler, but who knows this storm might back up. It would deffiantly be sketchy hiking up tux with a coating of a few inches of snow. Think you would need crampons

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
the wind is crazy right now. if it does snow up there, the possibilities for avalanche could increase significantly with the wind/rain/snow combo. even if it doesn't change over to snow, a freezing rain wouldn't make things good either. the wind factor really doesn't help either. i might have done kmart tomorrow, but honestly... it is miserable outside right now and i am not inspired to ski tomorrow.

awf170

riverc0il said:
the wind is crazy right now. if it does snow up there, the possibilities for avalanche could increase significantly with the wind/rain/snow combo. even if it doesn't change over to snow, a freezing rain wouldn't make things good either. the wind factor really doesn't help either. i might have done kmart tomorrow, but honestly... it is miserable outside right now and i am not inspired to ski tomorrow.

its snowing at the top of wildcat right now so its snow in the ravine, but it still doesnt look nice tommorow, i really hope its nice out next weekend to my first trip to tux, i think i will probably do hillmans

dmc

Wierd thing is - I skied Killington today..
It never rained...
Still her now... and it still hasnt rained...

weird?

awf170

dmc said:
Wierd thing is - I skied Killington today..
It never rained...
Still her now... and it still hasnt rained...

weird?

ya it was more of a costal storm, looking at the dopler through the day it looks like the maine cost got a ton of rain

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
ChileMass said:

You don't want the weekend we had. The wife and baby both had the flu. The wife went to the ER for 2 liters of fluid, and the little guy and I spent the night in a bed in the pediatrics unit while he got his own 600cc drip. So far, I've been spared.

On the bright side, at least it rained. Would have really been a bummer on a nice weekend. Good health to you all.