• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lets see your pets.

loafer89

HerculesAndGenesis.jpg

This is a picture of our Saint Bernard pair. Hercules is a showdog that I purchased from a breeder in 2000. Genesis was rescued from the Islip shelter by my wife, as she was about to be put down.

loafer89

Funny as this may sound, both of them are not really enthusiastic abount snowfall. In fact when we had the really big snowstorm here on Long Island in Janaury 2005, Hercules refused to play in the 2-3' tall drifts that I had in my backyard.

Snow rescue dogs , HA

thetrailboss

Staff member
loafer89 said:
HerculesAndGenesis.jpg

This is a picture of our Saint Bernard pair. Hercules is a showdog that I purchased from a breeder in 2000. Genesis was rescued from the Islip shelter by my wife, as she was about to be put down.

Whoa...there's quite a pair :wink:

I like St. Bernards...their cousin, the Bernese Mountain Dog, is also cool.

If I get a chance, I'll put a pic of Carmel, my family's Himilayan Cat.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
A pic of our Siberian Husky Mika (pronounced mee-kah). Got her from a breeder/dogsled racer in Boxford, MA.
316817073kBkLqK_ph.jpg

Another pic of our poor girl resting after foot surgery. Scumbag litterbugs..... :angry:
316815828GAcCwK_fs.jpg

Smitty

thetrailboss

Staff member
After a long day skiing at Burke, this is what I come home to my parents to find on the bed:

CARMEL 5 yr old Himalayan Female...rescued from the Chittenden County Human Society this past January. She's a sweetie.

dmc

ALLSKIING said:
AlysonCassidy11-03019.jpg

Just found out today that Taylor has cancer and won't last the week. :cry:

Sucks... Cool cat...

The Kittles sends her best... She's eating ants right now...

loafer89

Sorry to hear about that Dave. I know how you feel, I had to put down our first Saint Bernard at age 2 after he developed lymphoma. It wasn't easy to put down such a young dog. :(

dmc

ALLSKIING said:
ALLSKIING said:
AlysonCassidy11-03019.jpg

Just found out today that Taylor has cancer and won't last the week. :cry:
Well he lasted longer then anyone ever would have thought. Put him down this afternoon. Harder then I thought it was going to be. :(

Sorry to hear it...

Yellow cats always seem really cool... I've had a couple through my life and they were really great..

ctenidae

I feel your pain, ALLSKIING. Coup[le of years ago my dog of 10 years died on my kitchen floor. He had cancer that progressed for a year or so, then hit a 3 day decline. He died the morning I was going to take him in to have him put out of his misery- I couldn't take it anymore. Worst day of my life. You have my condolences.