• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lets see your pets.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Our dog "Clover". 1st generation Labradoodle. She sheds...

And she likes snow:
DSC01767.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

And getting wet:
DSC08641-1.jpg

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
All these pictures are awesome.
I have one dog and a kitty .. my dog is a Vizsla named Zeus and cat's name is Jameson..always referred to as "cat". I'll upload some pics of them later.

planb420

Here is our family of pets (all of which are rescues):

picture.php

My Deaf Pit Peter and Bob Marley are total bros:cool:

picture.php

Sam (left) Irie (right), CRAZY CATS:smash:

picture.php

Peter loves hippies but HATES :uzi::flame:MICHAEL VICK!!!:evil::evil:

picture.php

Bob showin off...:roll:

picture.php

Peter is my K9 soul mate, even though he cant hear a word I say we communicate through body language and even SIGN LANGUAGE...he is the smartest dog ever and I cant help but wonder if its because he dose not have to face the distractions sounds present, and his focus is that much sharper for it! Unfortunately he was in the Humane Society from the time he was a puppy until we came and rescued him 2 years later!!! They told me he was going to be VERY different from other dogs but with a face/story like that I had to give him a shot.....and he is the GOLDEN BOY and I'm so glad all those people passed on him so we could be together. One word for him.....WINNING!!!!!:wink:

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does your dog need lots of exercise?

My Vizsla literally bounces off the walls if he doesn't get enough exercise.. I'm sure it is the same with all those cattle dogs and shepards. My trainer sent me this link, not sure if we'd really ever train Zeus to the treadmill but it's pretty funny "do your laundry while your dog runs 3 miles" It would be nice during those below freezing mornings!

http://4pawsvt.com/services/treadmill-package/

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
My Vizsla literally bounces off the walls if he doesn't get enough exercise.. I'm sure it is the same with all those cattle dogs and shepards. My trainer sent me this link, not sure if we'd really ever train Zeus to the treadmill but it's pretty funny "do your laundry while your dog runs 3 miles" It would be nice during those below freezing mornings!

My Labradoodle has crazy amounts of energy. We used to have playdates with our neighbor's two Chocolate labs but she would run them so ragged that they don't seem to want to do as often.
She is hard to ski with too cause she darts back and forth in front of me a lot and I'm afraid of running her over and cutting her up with my skis.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
My Labradoodle has crazy amounts of energy. We used to have playdates with our neighbor's two Chocolate labs but she would run them so ragged that they don't seem to want to do as often.
She is hard to ski with too cause she darts back and forth in front of me a lot and I'm afraid of running her over and cutting her up with my skis.

My chocolate lab is completely insane, haha. They have so much energy, but I think they get that from their owner (me). For those of you have met met you probably know how fast I talk, a mile a minute :cool:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Ari the wonder dog....

....a wonder we haven't killed her yet.

:lol:

I can relate to from_the_NEK's problem. I can't ski with my dog. She has no self preservation instinct and lacks basic spatial awareness. She charges through life head on and doesn't let anything get in her way. No way I could ski with her, sadly. :-?

Cannonball

Ari the wonder dog....

I can relate to from_the_NEK's problem. I can't ski with my dog. She has no self preservation instinct and lacks basic spatial awareness. She charges through life head on and doesn't let anything get in her way. No way I could ski with her, sadly. :-?

Yup, I go through the same thing with Chilly all the time. But I still take her skiing and riding with me. With 2 people we leap-frog so one person can ski without interference (a good BC practice anyway). When it's just her and me I toss a stick in the opposite direction and take off. That usually keeps her behind me. Although we do still have our close calls...

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Yup, I go through the same thing with Chilly all the time. But I still take her skiing and riding with me. With 2 people we leap-frog so one person can ski without interference (a good BC practice anyway). When it's just her and me I toss a stick in the opposite direction and take off. That usually keeps her behind me. Although we do still have our close calls...

I like the video, nice looking dog too!

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Ari the wonder dog....

Ari looks like she's scheming something in the first photo... Very nice looking dog though!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Where do you skiing with your dog? I've gone mountain biking with my dog but I can up and downhill on my bike :)

It is just a local hike up / ski down thing?

Cannonball

Where do you skiing with your dog? I've gone mountain biking with my dog but I can up and downhill on my bike :)

It is just a local hike up / ski down thing?

Yeah, BC only. I don't think the resorts would dig a big dog chasing skiers all over the hill. Plus, she'd be a pain on the lift:-?. Although the tram.....