• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guess the ski area

BeanoNYC

Next time your heading into Staten Island or downtown Manhattan, give a lookie. It's right after the Cross Bay Blvd exits. When you see a shopping center on your right .... look left. It sits right on Jamaica Bay.

BeanoNYC

So that's Shawnee? I've been meaning to head to Camelback and blueknob one day. Maybe parlay it into an Amish country trip :p

loafer89

Yes that is Shawnee, it an OKAY place with 600' of vertical. Camelback is more challenging with 800', but the runs end by the time that they get interesting.

I think that you mean Blue Mountain, as Blue Knob is by Altoona??

BeanoNYC

loafer89 said:
Yes that is Shawnee, it an OKAY place with 600' of vertical. Camelback is more challenging with 800', but the runs end by the time that they get interesting.

I think that you mean Blue Mountain, as Blue Knob is by Altoona??

Correctamundo. Blue knob is a bit farther out on I80

Greg

Staff member
Just want to bring these two forward again:

Greg said:
guess.jpg
Greg said:

Vortex

Greg your two shots look like Misery Whip at the loaf. and the other looks like loon from the Summit looking over can't dog toward Washington. My guesses.

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
Greg your two shots look like Misery Whip at the loaf. and the other looks like loon from the Summit looking over can't dog toward Washington. My guesses.
Correct!