• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guess the ski area

ALLSKIING

Staff member
loafer89 said:
Butternut.jpg

Where is this (easy)????
Ski sundown

bigbog

Hey loafer89,
Well....EVERYONE should know that the Big Pipe and the main trail(forgot name!??) are from Hermon! 8) There's some pretty land out that'away too...!!

*Are any of those pics from Saddleback...??

Zand

loafer- Butternut
allskiing- Mt. Snow (I was fantasizing about snowmobiling that lake everytime I ride the triple LOL)

loafer89

Yes the second picture is a very old (pre tornado) picture from Butternut.

How about the first picture?

You are quite good, I shall have to get much more difficult :D

loafer89

Bigbog:

What small areas do you recommend in Maine? I've been to all the big boys, but I want to ski at Mt Abram, Eaton and Shawnee Peak. Are these places worth a side trip from Sugarloaf, or along the way up?

Thanks

Zand

allskiing, yours are easy. Killington. Any skier should know that LOL.

loafer- Camden. Seriously, I have no life and look at pics of ski areas all the time. You need to try harder to get me. (as long as it in the NE).

loafer89

Where is the other picture from?

All the pictures so far are my easy ones, but I am very impressed. :D

bigbog

loafer89 said:
Bigbog:

What small areas do you recommend in Maine? I've been to all the big boys, but I want to ski at Mt Abram, Eaton and Shawnee Peak. Are these places worth a side trip from Sugarloaf, or along the way up?

Thanks
You know, I'm ashamed to say it, but I've never been to either Eaton(Skowhegan I think), or Shawnee Peak!!! Mt. Abram just at night ~5seasons ago....it had rained during the day... not much was open...of the few trails there. A fun little hill for locals with an annual Tele-fest, but that's it for me at any of the three... :roll: *A major change in boots will bring back the fun in skiing to a large degree...starting next season.. 8)