• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guess the ski area

loafer89

The next time that we go to Maine, I plan on skiing at Shawnee and Possibly Eaton. I want to try Black Mtn again, as they had good terrain for the money.

loafer89

scan0008.jpg

Where is this?

loafer89

Killington.jpg

Where is this (easy)????

I've been to Big Squaw only one time in March of 1999, and we were fortunate enough to have gone when the summit lift was working. I'ts a mountain with some classic narrow trails, and great views of Moosehead Lake, but the chairlifts were really sloooooow.

I would like to go to Eaton next year. How are they doing with the fire that they had this season? Will they survive to open next year?

Saddleback I've been to about 12-15 times.

bigbog

I haven't skied Saddleback either.. :roll: . Early April was the first time I've EVER gotten over to the Saddleback/Rangeley area.. :roll: :roll: , what a beautiful area & great views...for the few homes up on the lower portion of the mountain...below the resort. When I was always up (from upstate NY & later...Boston burbs) it was always for the wetlands/ponds/streams of Piscataquis Cty....south/west/north of (& incl.)the Katahdin Range/W.Branch(Penobscot) areas.

thetrailboss

Staff member
loafer89 said:
So much for naming photos :dunce: :D

I was just picking on you...made my guess and then looked at the photo link and was like, "huh. Killington. Great!" :D

loafer89

No it is not Loon, and I see that the image has no name (thankfully).

Thanks for the information as I honestly did not know that the name would be listed. I thought that some of these pictures were on the harder side to figure out.

Greg

Staff member
The terrain in the distance makes me think more of the Catskills or Berkshires than the Whites or Greens...