• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guess the ski area

Los

Two questions -
1) I took this photo yesterday. Where was I?
2) We could see a ski area in the distance (circled in red), but couldn't figure out which one it is (we didn't try THAT hard to figure it out).

Thought I'd throw this up on AZ cause I know we'll get an answer asap from all you ski wizards!

IMG_1055.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
So here is my guess: you're at Ascutney. I can't see what you are looking at, or have a good idea on orientation, but a guess would be Okemo in the distance.

mbedle

So here is my guess: you're at Ascutney. I can't see what you are looking at, or have a good idea on orientation, but a guess would be Okemo in the distance.

I think you are right. Rope tow hut, old ski bridge to hotel, condos in the background and old lodge foundation in front.

VTKilarney

The trails at Ascutney don't face Okemo, if memory serves me correctly. I believe that they face Killington.

Los

Sorry - forgot to check back in. Yes - Ascutney!

So the consensus seems to be Okemo... should have guessed that... how embarrassing!